District Currency Collectors Group

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Mar 20, 2010.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Well Duke.. as long as it is numb..here are some $100's..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is all I have scanned at the moment.. I would need to go thru everything...it is such a job doing it that I put it off more often than I do scan.

RickieB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Rickey I have:
    $1 FR1904-B* PCGS CU66PPQ
    $1 FR1924-B* PCGS CU67PPQ

Do you need those?

4. krispy

krispy krispy

WoW! Rick!!! Just W-O-W!!! WOW!

5. RickieB

Might as well post the Larger ones since I have shown my cards so to speak..

Oh well...these have been posted several time before..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RickieB

6. krispy

krispy krispy

What?... You're not going to hold out on us with the $5,000 and $10,000 FRNs are you...? :D

7. RickieB

Krispy..

I wish I had them.. the Last $5000 sold went for 94K and the last $10,000 went for like $119-$120K

I have to draw the line somewhere and if I ever get a $500 or $1000 Star, that shall be the line...:D :)

I still need quite a few notes.. I have not even scanned the $20, $10, $5, $2 or $1...oh the thought of that task!

RickieB

8. krispy

krispy krispy

The prices on paper are staggering but they are so unique and rare... they do numb the mind to try to comprehend these figures.

9. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

here is the prize $50 in my collection. its one that most of you dont have to worry about. RickieB knows about the 1950 E series. only 3 districts printed notes from that series. :eek: the prints even shifted a little on this one check out the top 7 on the right side.

[​IMG]

10. Duke Kavanaugh

Well it'll take quite awhile to get my set up to those lofty goals. But I am patient and have the time.
    Those are all great but then I see your large notes....

On a question side...that Franklin that has the cartoon back and the red seal are those NY notes?
    Plus that first $100 you posted has a 4 in the seal spot and that's kind of cool and different.

11. Duke Kavanaugh

Urban is the 1950E hard in all denom's or just the $50?

12. urbanchemist

they were only printed from $5-$100's. there were a lot printed but since only chicago, new york and san francisco printed them they have a bit of a premium. i try to pick them up whenever i can. here are a few top dawgs of my 1950 E collection. :D

this is $500-$600 note
    [​IMG]

this one is about $400
    [​IMG]

13. RickieB

Duke...

The Red Seal $100's are not NY Notes..rather Legal tender Notes I picked up along the way from the Tom Flynn Collection. They get expensive really fast in higher grade.. and the stars are down right expensive.

The $100 with a "4" is a Cleveland Note, it was just to nice to pass up as well...

The $100 Large Size is a SanFrancisco note that completed my type set of the Large Blue Seals Series 1914 $5-$100..these get expensive really fast as well... more so the $50 and $100 and anything over a 65 grade.

RickieB

14. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Senior Member

I think this is a good idea , and would give me some direction and a focal point so to speak !! I'm gonna pop and spring for Atlanta District so add me to the list . It will be slow going for a while but should be fun !! :cool:

$1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars

As always RickieB , Damn nice notes buddy !! :bow:

15. Duke Kavanaugh

Great to have you.
    That leaves 7 districts open still :D

And I've been doing some studying and the FRN's even in high grades are rather easy and cheap. So I think the start will be kind of fast but the later when your looking for a specific series is gonna be much tougher.

16. urbanchemist

yes they can be. but trust me you will run out of the easy to find cheap ones and then have to search and search for many others. i guess thats one thing thats makes it fun :thumb:

17. RickieB

There is much Truth in this statement, for sure. I cringe at every $800 and above for a small size note..but to get what you are after, well..ya gotta do what ya gotta do...:p :thumb:

I picked up a $5 and a $50 last night that I needed, both notes were what I consider modern in the 80's and 90's Series still cost me $250....while that's not such a bad price but after adding 3 additional Large Size for around 10K total all in 64 or better, that $250 hurts a little.

BTW.. thanks Grimreaper, I work really hard for these notes.

RickieB

18. Duke Kavanaugh

Alright I have questions:

1. When going do you get to modern ones with the FW and DC, do you guys get both. I think I want to.

2. Take 1969 for example. There is a A,B,C,D and there is a KC for all and a * too so in that series I'd want to get 8 notes to finish the series set out?

3. In the 1993 and 1995 seriese it shows now *'s for KC, how can that be?

4. On small sized Silver Certs. How can you tell what district it is from? I see a little letter at the top left that I think might be it but there is no number attached and the guides do not show different prices for different districts.

5. How does this Block thing work. I see it that in my KC's there are not many unlike Boston, Atl, NY...

I am reading some of my books and they seem to actually be bringing up more questions then answers :D
    Thanks for the help guys!

19. urbanchemist

hope i answered some for your ?'s :thumb:

20. Duke Kavanaugh

lol Yea you did and in 7 minutes, I guess you didn't have to look any of that up :D
    I hope to get there soon enough. My paper knowledge still needs improvement but by the time I'm done with this endeavor I should be much better!!

BTW how did they make all those notes without making one mistake. Not even one star seems weird to me.

Thanks again for the help.

21. urbanchemist

well i have been into paper money for a while now. a lot of info i got from reading but most i just got from collecting. trust me i am far from an authority. luckily some of the things you had asked werent really hard. as far as not making mistakes on notes there are a lot made. most dont make it out of the BEP hence the reason star notes originally existed. they are replacement notes. they were originally inserted in stacks to replace bad notes. now a days they just print the star notes in straps of 100 bills they might even make them in bricks not 100% sure. if you look online you will see many errors out there. lol i hope that was the answer you were looking for or maybe i misunderstood the question. anyways enjoy your new found zest for small sized currency :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted