District Currency Collectors Group

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Glad I could help Krispy.

Those are lookers too. Plus the 1 digit off of a super S/N.
    Good pickup's I say.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

I've finally found a 2009 $1 note today! ...but it wasn't for my own District! Doh!

It's a Dallas (11) FRN, SN: K 36805656 A. (Fort Worth printing)

Conditionally, it's very nice, some ink offset, decent centering, but it came to me with a soft vertical center fold (not a crease) so I'll have to see what a couple of books can do to help it lay flat.

4. Duke Kavanaugh

You'll find your St Lou one day...
    Just go visit the Arch :D

5. camlov2

camlov2 Member

I have found 3 or 4 2009 bills but they were already worn. I kept the SF bill but I am sure I will be able to upgrade in the near future. Now just waiting for the stars to come out.

6. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Nice note's Krispy!!! I have picked up around 10 new notes but have been too lazy to post them, mostly newer common notes but did pick up a 1963B $1 in 66 grade and a 1934B $20 in 64 grade. Slowly making progress, but it's tough to find some of these notes :)

7. Duke Kavanaugh

Just wait if you feel it's tough to find them now :D

8. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Oh I know, it's tough now and I need almost all the richmond notes :)

9. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Finally finished the regular $1 run 1918 to current. (still need a few stars)
    This was the only form that I could find 1981A in.

have a question about $2 bills, what happened with 1995 and 2003, For the most part there are only star notes?
    [​IMG]

10. krispy

krispy krispy

There are B.E.P. $2 Premium Millennium Federal Reserve Sets (1995) and $2 Federal Reserve Sets (2003).

For the above, check out this and his recent CT thread: BEP currency collectibles list

For F-1936 Series 1995 $2 there are only stars for districts: A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I, J, K, L (9,999 printed each)
    For Atlanta (F) non star 153,600,000 printed and Atlanta star 1,216,000 printed.

For F-1937 Series 2003 $2 there are only stars for districts: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L 16,000 printed each)
    For Minneapolis (I) non star 121,600,000 printed and Minneapolis star 3,840,000 printed.

For F-1938 Series 2003A $2 the only stars are Atlanta and non-stars for all other districts. (current series)

Check star references here for stats on 2003A, and others.

Hope this info helps... :smile

11. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

On the $2 bills, I decided not to go after those two series as they are not bills intended for circulation for the Richmond district.

12. camlov2

camlov2 Member

thanks for the info, I saw a note about the millenium set but started to question myself when I noticed the Atlanta and Minneapolis numbers.

another great website.

13. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Can you post a picture of the 1918, what condition did you end up getting it in? I am looking at them now, would be my first large size note.

14. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Here is the one, nothing spectacular but it seems like SF is hard to find in any condition.
    [​IMG]
    And a handful of others that came in the mail recently.
    [​IMG]

15. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Very nice large size $1, and I see you are working on the $5 bills!! Thanks for posting.

16. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Here are my current numbers (focused on one per year not interested in specific runs)
    so far I have only been collecting $1 stars and any others I could find close to face.
    Small notes
    $1 have all
    $1 star need 4 bills
    $2 have all
    $5 need 12
    $10 need a lot

17. Duke Kavanaugh

camlov2 your moving on it!! Nice.

18. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

Are you doing all the $5 back to 1928 and only have 12 left!!! Nice going.

19. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Yes, for SF I think there are 35 $5 bills.

20. camlov2

camlov2 Member

Couple more from the show today, not much of a choice with regards to Fed. Res. notes. I couldn't pull the trigger on the $2 battleship that I saw, it was really nice.
    Tape and left edge marks are on the sleeves and not the bills.
    [​IMG]

21. camlov2

camlov2 Member

another large note
    What would you guys grade this and what do you think it should have cost? I know it is a little dirty but I though it would cost more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted