Disney smushed pennies

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jo Money, May 12, 2013.

1. Jo Money

Jo Money Junior Senior Member

Summer time is just around the corner, so I was wondering if anyone here collected the Disneyworld (or other parks) pressed pennies! I have a whole book of them from a few weeks ago (about 48 pennies) but I'm sure the antiques are more valuable :yes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I assume that you are referring to elongated cents. There are a lot of people who collect them, and the machines that make them are scattered all over the country in amusement parks, state parks, national parks.......you name it. Some of the larger coin shows even have a table set up specifically for them.

4. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I have one from denali park, in Alaska.

:)

5. ArthurK11

ArthurK11 Active Member

Here's my modest collection

IMAG0917.jpg

6. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I started collecting them from places I travel to a few years ago. They make for a neat momento. You might want to check out this website: http://www.pennycollector.com/ There is a list of every known machine in the US.
    Guy

7. Jo Money

Jo Money Junior Senior Member

Cpm, yes that is what I am referring to. I have been to other places that have them (theme parks, museums, tourist traps, etc), I just put Disney in the title because they are the only place I've seen to make a booklet for holding the cents (and quarters which are too expensive for me). I actually made one with a wheat penny my dad found in his change. You can still see the ears on the back.

8. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I think these are cool. And always remember to use pre 1982 cents.

9. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

I have a few thousand of them from all over the country. Several from the 1933 Expo, a Few from the 1893 Expo. Alot of Private rollers like Ray Dillard, Frank Brazzell, Etc.. Its fun and rather cheap..

Draft saved Draft deleted