Dime will make nickel?????

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mintmark-s, May 10, 2010.

1. pennywise

pennywise Collector of dust

It is priceless, guard it with your life.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BR549

BR549 Junior Member

The accounting firm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe has handled several transactions involving these uber-rare coins in association with on-line auction venues such as e-bay, craigslist, just to name a few. For maximum return, I would suggest you contact them at your earliest convenience.

Note: polish it well first, so it shines like a diamond in a mud hole.

4. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

Freezer, you behave.

5. Jeff35

Jeff35 New Member

:rolleyes::eat::eating:now are money will be worthless. Does anybody know if string thur hole in a quarter trick works on a pop machine. I need to have some money.:whistle:

6. panda

panda Junior Member

on who's dime though? it would have to be the government, and i have a hard time thinking they would take the tab. even if they did, all that money they would have to spend to buy the new coin material and designs plus many other things, not to mention fixing millions of machines. it would hurt them saving any money in the short term. and what if it fails miserably, it could wipe out the whole vending machine industry. i was watching a special on the history channel about that industry and its bigger then most think. of course that is worst case, but either way a failure would be bad.

it is worth it in the long run, but short term in the state we are in now with money, its a big move..

i guess i am over reacting a little. the changes are supposed to be with 1 cents and nickels, so you really don't use them in machines or anywhere at all. and its not like that would be all that is out there, there will be the original ones in circulation for years.

i do like the idea of bringing the half dime back and dropping the nickel.

7. quartertapper

quartertapper Numismatist

Shoot, it's gotta be in the millions!!! Whatever you may ask for the coin, it's not enough.:D

8. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

It's obvious that you weren't around in the mid '60s to watch how quickly billions of silver coins disappeared from circulation!

Draft saved Draft deleted