Differences in the size of Dates 2001-2001P

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by frap123, Jan 30, 2016.

1. frap123

frap123 Member

Hello I don't know if this has been brought up But Im noticing the date for 2001p smaller than 2001 No P is this normal? The P Nickels 0s are rounder where the No P is egg I also have found 2 2000P and seem to see the Same. SORRY nit the greatest photos but please let me know if I'm right and if there is a topic on this

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

I see what you are talking about. I hope someone who knows the series well to chime in.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is possible that it is from die 'deterioration' where as the die is used , the pressing force tend to spread the metal slightly away from the center towards a collar. Zeroes tend to become slightly 'egg shaped' and are more noticeable because of their symmetry. Why different is perhaps the amount of usage of the no P die is more than the other. Master die touch-up could also do it. I am not a Canadian coin person.

5. frap123

frap123 Member

Actually I disagree cause I have couple of each which I I'll post a much clearer photo.. ="desertgem, post: 2333923, member: 15199"]It is possible that it is from die 'deterioration' where as the die is used , the pressing force tend to spread the metal slightly away from the center towards a collar. Zeroes tend to become slightly 'egg shaped' and are more noticeable because of their symmetry. Why different is perhaps the amount of usage of the no P die is more than the other. Master die touch-up could also do it. I am not a Canadian coin person.[/QUOTE]
    Actual

6. Derry

Derry Member

Different master dies. Notice that the C's in Canada are a different size and the crossbars in the first A's are different. One is slanted and the other is horizontal.

thomas mozzillo and frap123 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted