Die clash on 2015 cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by pennsteve, Feb 12, 2016.

1. pennsteve

pennsteve Well-Known Member

I shouldn't post this because my pictures aren't very good and it's hard to see the details, but under a loupe I can see them. I thought this took a hit at first until I noticed the curved part of the upper shield, and then some of the letters from ONE lower down, and then another part of the shield on the left. If I can get better pictures tomorrow I will, but for now these ones will have to do. (Yes, I know, it's annoying when someone posts bad pictures. lol)

This is the first die clash I've found.

PICT0182.JPG PICT0182.JPG PICT0184.JPG PICT0185.JPG PICT0186.JPG PICT0187.JPG PICT0188.JPG PICT0189.JPG PICT0182.JPG PICT0184.JPG PICT0185.JPG PICT0186.JPG PICT0187.JPG PICT0188.JPG PICT0189.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it isn't a die clash. Obviously will need better picture though :)

MKent likes this.
  4. pennsteve

I'm pretty sure it is because I can see the details under the loupe. I can't get better pictures with this crappy camera right now. I'll try again tomorrow when it's daylight.

I'll see if I can use my gopro and take 12 MP pictures, but I can't zoom in with a gopro, so I'll see how it turns out. I want to get a usb camera someday. Also, on his cheek you can see one of the "bars" from the shield. As I said, under the loupe I can see more details, but of course with a crappy camera I'll get crappy pictures. I guess I shouldn't have posted this until I had good pictures.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The high point on a coin corresponds to the low point of the die. There is no way it's a clash. A clash would show only in the fields. You may be able to see details because it's a squeeze job, one coin somehow squeezed into another, leaving an impression in both coins.

6. furryfrog02

Rick said it better than I ever could :)

rickmp likes this.
  7. rickmp

TY!

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@pennsteve

Why do others think they have to take ultra close-ups to accurately show some anomaly? Using a loupe isn't very clear either, and a USB scope isn't much better when all you need is a relatively inexpensive camera with a super macro function?

Chris

9. pennsteve

But at that position a squeeze job would have affected the rim, and it didn't. Also, the letters I can see with my loupe (can't see them in the pictures) aren't backwards.
    Then what is this? (Third picture down)
    http://www.maddieclashes.com/328-2/

10. rickmp

I told you. It's a squeeze job. Two coins squeezed together. Maybe in a vise, maybe slammed with a hammer. Try it yourself, you'll confirm what I have said.

11. pennsteve

12. pennsteve

That site lists one like mine that isn't a squeeze job. Part of the die broke off and flipped over and was pressed onto the coin. The rim of my coin is completely unblemished. If it was a squeeze job the rim would be messed up somewhere. I'm not saying mine ISN'T a squeeze job, but you are assuming it is from my crappy pictures. When we assume, we place an ass before U and ME. ;)

13. rickmp

I guess I've been schooled! You win. Enjoy your retirement.

14. pennsteve

Just pointing out that you can be wrong. It's hard for some of you to admit that. I'm not saying you ARE wrong in this case, but not every coin you see is a vice squeeze job.

15. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I don't think it's a clash. If it isn't damage it's most likely to be struck through something like a small shaving, but better pictures are needed.

16. furryfrog02

Here is a clash that I found this morning. you can see that the clashed devices are in the fields not on the head. The reason being is that the fields are the high points of the die which is where the other die would clash against it. You can also see Abe's profile and the "Y" of Liberty on the reverse where the high points of the die would be.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1969s-lincoln-clash.274709/

17. rickmp

No matter how many times it's explained, no matter how it's explained, the OP is not going to accept the truth. The OP has the billion dollar coin and he'll let no one burst his bubble.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  18. rickmp

19. pennsteve

I know the truth, idiot. I know my coin isn't a die clash, but I wanted to see you be an a-hole with someone again, like you always do. Go away now, Mr. Know-It-All from birth. You never had to learn. You're god!!!

20. furryfrog02

Well that wasn't very nice...

21. pennsteve

But his post was? Go away.

Draft saved Draft deleted