Did Pontius Pilate exist?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by hotwheelsearl, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Thomas R Reynolds

Thomas R Reynolds Active Member

Thanks. I made the post to hope it would be a little enjoyable. Seems other people didn't.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I did!

I spent a whole night trying to rebut their claims.

One poster said that there aren't enough plants on the planet to produce enough oxygen; the idea was that oxygen came from somewhere else (or somethinig like that).

I found some studies that stated that the amount of trees and algae were enough to produce oxygen, but they didn't take kindly to it.

On a second occassion, I was trying to rebut claims of "giants." Some poster said "I'm convinced that giants got their energy from the sun"
    To which I replied, "when I was a kid I used to lay in the sun and pretend to photosynthesize"

I ended up getting IP Address banned from the site for being too reasonable.
    I sent an appeal to the moderators. I mentioned each and every point of their code of conduct, and how I absolutely did not violate any of them. Naturally I got no reply.

You really can't argue with insane people, I suppose.

Nicholas Molinari likes this.
  4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Exactly!!!

A basic overview of the Neoclassical era (along with Greek Revival, Neo-Gothic, and Neo-Romanesque) makes it pretty clear that the 18th and 19th centuries had a fascination with ancient cultures.

Does NOT mean that Rome existed in the 16th and 17th centuries. But what are facts to people who believe that the world as a whole is a lie...

5. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

I was fun to bypass the entire thread, for a change.

6. Coin Pedant

Coin Pedant Member

I'm actually laughing. It's almost as if they thought you worked for the illuminati. I wouldn't worry too much though.

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  7. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Are you saying I'm.......quirky??:wacky:

Chuck_A likes this.
  8. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted