Did everyone cacel their order on the spouse coin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Salesrep, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Salesrep

Salesrep Senior Member

I wanted a gold TJ spouse coin but forgot the release date and didn't get my order in till 11 pm the day of release 8/30. I went on a waiting list for the proof coin. I then ordered the uncirculated coin on 9/22 since they where still taking orders on the wait list. Well today the uncirculated coin came that was ordered on 9/22 and the proof coin is on the way. Why do you think the uncirculated coin was still available to be sent to someone who ordered 22 days after release.

:thumb: Good for me though :thumb:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

4. Salesrep

Salesrep Senior Member

Cancel

5. shortstack

shortstack Senior Member

Just an opinion here, but the US Mint may be finding out that there really isn't 40,000 collectors out there interested in putting out $36,000+ on one series. And that the only reason that the MW and AA spouse coins sold out is because they allowed a bunch of speculators to attempt to corner the market.

The speculators, looking for huge profit and a quick turn around, have been disappointed because of the lack of price performance for the MW/AA. So, when the volume dealers turn to something else for their quick profits you will start to see some low mintage first spouse coins. These first few will be the 'common' issues of the series.

6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

You just may have a point there....One other thing to consider will be the economy over the next several years. I feel the price of gold will increase to lofty record levels and this will limit buying as well. However, this market will be like any other and will be hot and cold as gold will go up and it will certainly have to come down..I think the whole set of Spouse Coins will be something to behold!

I also feel that the coins of the Presidents that were not Married at the time they held office will be a Sub set of the Spouse Gold to have a s well.

Good hunting and save those $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RickieB

7. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

By not ordering in the first place I didn't have to cancel.

Glad you got yours though. ;)

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

cancel

i did cancel mine too. just keep cancel it. this series is dead.

9. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

That'll make it easier for those of us who want to collect these coins as opposed to those who see them as a way to make a quick buck. The series isn't dead to us, just to the speculators.

10. Philly Dog

Philly Dog Coin Collector

most of them are going for 600.00 or more and as high as 750.00 on e-bay

xmas is coming on this coin just wait.

Do not forget 20,000 mintage for the original brand new Draped Bust Obverse will only go up.:eek:

11. alhas

alhas Senior Member

I agree with dreamer94 and Philly Dog.

I am glad the mint restricted the purchase quantity of the coin so the collectors had a good chance to purchase from the mint without having to pay a bundle to the speculators.

12. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

13. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Perhaps not. But at the end of the 10 years, the collector will have, at the very least, a beautiful set of coins containing 40 ounces of 24 carat gold, worth even at melt value, about $30,000. Even a modest appreciation in numismatic value would make it a break-even. It could be a lot more if the price of gold goes up.

Draft saved Draft deleted