Did anyone get the 10% off Ebay gift card deal?? + Ebay bucks??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ocjoe949, Jun 30, 2015.

1. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

The last few days of the quarter are always exiting. I got this weird deal today. If I bought 3 ebay gift cards for $50.00 each I would only have to pay $135 to buy them. So basically 10% off and can be used pretty much within a few hours. I also had my 4x ebay bucks. So I bought a full gold sovereign for $263.00 after all the smoke clears. Basically like $14.00 below melt. The deal also would have worked on a few less expensive coins and a few higher priced coins. I'll take the little deal all day long. Looks like i'll end my quarter with just shy of $200.00 in ebay bucks. Now I have to figure out what to do with them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Copper56

Copper56 Active Member

Have never received that particular deal, but have received the 4X Bucks deal. Was hoping for the 5X, but that one only comes by occasionally.
    Now, off to eBay for a little shopping!

4. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

got the 4X that expires tonight.

5. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I got a 10% (up to $1,000) off coupon on 01/17/15 that had to redeem within 24 hrs as I recall. Bought some silver eagles with it.

6. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

received the 4x, but didn't buy anything to achieve the added bucks.

7. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Is there a expiration time on them?

8. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

The gift cards had no expiration date on them that I know off. I read all the fine print that I could find.

9. Just went to order the 3 $50 gift cards for $135, and the $50 gift cards are sold out! These are electronic so not sure how this can happen. Can't they just create more electronic codes?

10. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

I think they have a preset amount that they want to sell and once they're gone they're gone. Last I checked they had sold almost 90,000, so maybe 100,000 was their cap. I was wondering if they'd work if it was a hassle to use them and it turned out pretty easy. You have to get the codes in your email then it takes 2-4 hours for them to work. It took mine just over 3 hours. You can use all 3 in one transaction.

11. I emailed them and they just added some more of the $50 electronic gift cards, so I bought 3 for $135. There is no expiration date on them. Let's see how long these last before they sell out. TC

12. onecenter

onecenter Member

I used the most recent 4x bucks deal to buy a new gaming function laptop. The cap was $100 on the bucks. I need the new laptop so I can read CoinTalk.

13. ocjoe949

ocjoe949 Active Member

Im glad you got them! Its like having 5x bucks if you buy something under $150.00

Draft saved Draft deleted