Did anyone follow Artemide e-Live auction 17?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Orielensis, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Did anyone else follow live bidding or even win something in the first part of Artemide e-Live 17, which has just ended?

They sold some fine Roman Republican coins in different price ranges, and the auctioneer who did the live video stream in my eyes did a good job. Hammer prices were generally strong but not as crazy as we have seen with other recent auctions. Lot 251, a nicely toned RRC 262/1 with a little elephant head, now is mine – my first real ancient auction win this year! (Pictures will be posted once I have the coin in hand.)

Still, I am surprised at how much some popular but common Republican denarii in relatively attractive condition hammered for. If I see correctly, lots 238/239, 283, 294 and 301, for example, would have been €50 coins back in 2019. Now, they sold for two to four times that much...

(Here is a link to the catalogue.)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

I sure did and found some great deals!
    Very happy with my Pertinax upgrade. A rare type of one of my fav "what coulda beens" with a nice toning for 120 euros!
    1725993_1614761007.l-removebg-preview.png
    Pertinax (193 AD). AR Denarius. Obv. Head right, laureate. Rev. Liberalitas standing left, holding abacus and cornucopiae. RIC IV 5. AR. 2.43 g. 17.00 mm. RR. A rare type. Toned. A minor flan crack. Very slight test cut on the reverse. F. Purchased Artemide March 2021

4. Parthicus Maximus

Parthicus Maximus Well-Known Member

I followed almost the entire auction, but was outbid on the only coin I really wanted. The prices of some coins were fairly ordinary. But some also went for exceptional amounts.

5. Scipio

Scipio Well-Known Member

2EC43992-3957-4D85-9E56-E7CFC9BD377E.jpeg I always find something at a decent price at Artemide auctions, it is one of the few that offer quality coins in the middle graded conservation. I noticed too that there are no more RRdenarii under 100€.

today I won this:
    Q. Caecilius Metellus Pius Scipio. AR Denarius, 47-46 BC, Africa mint. Obv. Head of Jupiter right, laureate. Rev. Elephant right. Cr. 459/1. AR. 3.97 g. 19.00 mm. Lightly toned. About EF/VF.

Bing, Orfew, Limes and 5 others like this.
  6. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

I got one, but I'm saving it for a Faustina Friday! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted