Demons among us.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by usmc60, Sep 25, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

They say I am a bad influence on CT delvel-1.jpg They say this because I believe you should be able to think for yourself. brain_use_it.jpg They feel they Are leading you down the right path. one-5.jpg one-2-2.jpg They feel you should not have any options one-3-3.jpg They feel I am giving you Miss information because I choose to have A choice and options. one-13-13.jpg Their opinion is. one-14-14.png All I know is I choose to walk my path. one-10.jpg USMC60

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Educate then debate, educate then discuss, educate then advance

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

Smojo and imrich like this.
  4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I would love to keep this Cointalk forum just about coins! :facepalm:
    P1010001_05.jpg

STU, joecoincollect, rooman9 and 8 others like this.
  6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

My thread is all about coins. An individual right to choose. Not to have someone choose for them. one-16-16.jpg USMC60 PS.To make my thread politically correct.

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Attached Files:

longarm likes this.
  8. THE BIGDOG

THE BIGDOG Member

:lurking:yes I agree alot of " people" on cointalk belive the only right way is thier way and if you even question the status quo you are wrong they want to belive they are leaders but they only lead sheeple that are not bright enough to question them or to have a opinion of thier own:cow:

longarm, atcarroll and usmc60 like this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

As Paddyman98 stated thus forum is about coins. Yes you can express you views or opinions any time about a coin.
    There's always here and in life there's going to be people whom agree or disagree . However this forum has rules the rules are for all members like it or not !
    There's a thin line at times when you are talking about coins that were minted by a government as the politics needs to be kept out of it.
    No I don't agree 100% with all the rules no of course not! However with respect to the mods, Peter, and other members I do my best to table the taboo topics, and get on with the business at hand, posting topics that relate to coins. Nothing else! Do I have opinions yes I just expressed mine without crossing the line.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    STU, Kentucky and paddyman98 like this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

So if someone is wrong, others should not tell the truth?

Insider likes this.
  11. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The dreaded "THEY" !!!

Are "THEY" back again ? I hate it when they come around ! Almost makes me afraid to poke my head out of my bunker ! :rolleyes:

usmc - all I can say is this, you have, in my opinion, a very weird perception of the world !

That said, I will weigh in your thoughts on the matter. There is one piece of advice that I give and have always given to every collector, and it's a rather simple piece of advice - collect what you like. That's it, period, end of story. There are no rules other than that, there is no road to follow, no path to stay on, no mantra, and there is NOTHING BUT CHOICES ! And you get make any choice you want.

Collect what you like ! No matter what, that what, happens to be.

Andres2, green18, Endeavor and 3 others like this.
  12. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, you must ask if the person has a thin skin. If they should answer in the affirmative, tell them the truth anyway. It would be good for them to get a taste of real life.

Chris;)

Stevearino likes this.
  13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Reminds me of certain people
    Control freaks rarely know that they are one. They believe that they are helping people with their "constructive criticism
    Black and white thinking: This also relates to a lack of empathy. The narcissist seems to think everyone is seeing things exactly as he is. To him the truth is so clear. There is only one answer. Only one right way to go. If anyone claims a different opinion, he reasons they must be denying the obvious truth for wicked reasons. This leaves him totally unable to compromise or live with differences of opinion.
    USMC60

THE BIGDOG likes this.
  14. JobIII

JobIII Active Member

I think CT has at least one forum for general discussion. So as long as the topics meet CT rules and standards no one will prevent it from posting.

This is a forum for coins. So maybe not the best place to be posting a non-coin topic. :D

~JobIII

STU and -jeffB like this.
  15. GDJMSP

Hmmmm -

narcissist
    [nahr-suh-sist]
    Spell Syllables
    See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    a person who is overly self-involved,

Examples from the Web for narcissistExpand
    Contemporary Examples
    • For the narcissist, his or her internal world is more real than the external world.

Smojo likes this.
  16. GDJMSP

In essence, this thread is about coins and your choice of what to collect or not collect.

usmc60 likes this.
  17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

GD you're absolutely correct I do look at the world different. And for 61 years I've had a good time in it, and hope to continue having a good time. Life's too short not to.GD the only thing I can say it seems if you disagree say with a numismatic definition, some members on coin talk do not believe you are allowed to do that. Just because that definitions been around for a millennium does not mean I have to agree with it. And they shown by their remarks that I'm not allowed to do that either. And that I am corrupting the young minds of coin talk. Just because I do not believe in and outdated definition. GD hardly any choice there.:eek::bigtears::blackalien:

18. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

If you try to inspire change and people follow you, then you are a leader. If nobody follows or agrees with you, then you have a bad idea. If you persist with your bad idea, then you're a pain in the butt and should stop.

19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

one-18.png

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It is possible that you're right and everybody else is wrong. It's more likely that you're missing something important.

There are people who "honestly disagree" about the Earth being round. "Progress" isn't going to come from them convincing us, though.

Also: "Coin Chat" rather than "General Discussion"? Really?

joecoincollect likes this.
  21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Folks listen when facts are given with a new opinion. Many terms and opinions have changed in this hobby over the years but it took facts to change them.
    Changes in terms that have happened might make an interesting thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted