Death by Coin Books

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Mat, Mar 27, 2017.

1. red_spork

red_spork Triumvir monetalis

I much prefer my Kindle as well because I read a lot in bed and late at night when I can't sleep and am trying to not wake up my wife. I never could find a reading light that didn't wake her up, but the kindle doesn't bother her at all. I just wish I could get more numismatic books on it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

CLUTTER GUARD..get yours today!
    i've got an 1931 copy of the 12 Caesars and i'm reading it(same book) on my screen from a download someone put on the internet:)

Attached Files:

4. alde

alde Always Learning

I use the Nook app on my tablet for most of my main stream reading too. I love a real book but the tablet is way easier on the eyes and I can read for a couple of hours at a time instead of just a half hour.

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I own very few books. Almost everything is on my iPad or computer. I also read all magazines on it, since I can pick what I want, tee hee.

My bookshelf holds my dvds, some framed autographs and action figures.

gregarious likes this.
  6. gregarious

...heavy on the "tee hee" >< lmaooo . my book shelf is full of dvds. i collect(what?)antique books, but keep them in other places. ahh the life of conformity.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  7. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Crazzy.

Atleast I wouldn't have to worry about that. Maybe just a broken toe at worst.

8. gregarious

download (1)rainbow in the dark.jpg

9. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

he should have put L bracket(s) on the back of the bookcase mounted to the wall ... would have happened then, imo

10. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Interesting. I am the opposite. I can read for hours and lose track of time with a real book in my hand. But online I find it hard to read for more than about 10 minutes without my eyes tiring. If I get something long in PDF format which I have to read I usually print it out to read it.

There is also evidence that viewing a computer screen within two hours of going to sleep is bad for the you and that is when I do most of my reading.

gregarious likes this.
  11. Aethelred

Aethelred The Old Dead King

I look at those photos and keep thinking of this sticking out from under the pile:

[​IMG]

12. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

These days I put my 2k UHD tablet in "Reading Mode" and it is almost like reading a real physical book, minus the feel of flupping through the pages. I like that I can carry dozens of books with me on vacation and reread old favorites, and it doesn't take any more space than the size of an 8 inch tablet.

I almost died in pursuit of one of my hobbies once, but it wasn't due to a book avalanche. I was doing black powder shooting with my Springfield rifle replica, and I had a cigar in my mouth. I had spilled some black powder accidentally on the shooting table and in the scramble to clean it up my cigar fell out of my mouth. Took me almost a month to start regrowing my arm hairs.

dadams likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted