Dear Friends and Fellow Collectors

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by RickieB, Sep 22, 2015.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Greetings to you all and may this message find you all well and still collecting....
    Often, time does not afford one to learn of fate therefore some life events occur and erode as footprints in the sand.....what a battle!

I felt it was time to make this post and express my gratitude to all of you whom I have shared interest with in collecting paper money over the years. While the NY Collection and Large Size has been all but dismantled I sometimes look back at where it took me and the distinct please it was to know you all and the opportunity to exchange thoughts, ideas and personal feelings with Gene Hessler, Don Kelly, Brad Neely, Michael Moczalla (of Heritage) Coin Talk's Own Peter Davis, so an many others it is amazing the quality of people here and that you meet.
    USS656, Green18, Krispy, Scottish Money, RZage, Doug, PennyLady, Arizona Jack, Duke Kavenaugh, SteveinTampa, The Noost, Gsalexan, Paddyman, KooKoox10, MikeNoodle, Saltysam Rlmcents..gosh the list just goes on and on..thank you guys for a great experience...and being who you are...I may not post as much any more and have been away for a while so please accept this as my best wishes for you all.
    I thank my son for his love and wanted to let you know that one of the few original BEP proof's of Pablo the Bison resides with AJ for the years ahead of him, I do thank Mr. Hessler for that opportunity.....what an impressive piece.

I leave here wanting you to know that you are some really great people and I hold all of you in high regard...all the best in Life too you.

RickieB

DMac, USS656, TJ1952 and 20 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

[tear rolls down cheek!]

and not moi?

Sorry to see you go.

Take care

rzage likes this.
  4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

We really miss your wisdom, input and encouragement here on the forum RickieB.
    Thanks for everything you so generously and humbly shared and helped us with.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    rzage and Endeavor like this.
  5. Owle

Owle Junior Member

I wish you the best in your future endeavors!

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

Paddy54, USS656, Amos 811 and 2 others like this.
  6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Rickie, you will be missed greatly and remembered fondly. Fare thee well, my friend!

rzage and Endeavor like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You can't leave. I just joined a few months ago so I don't know you. Sincerely, my best wishes go with you. :)

8. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

There are some journeys we must travel alone... when that journey ends we shall all meet again... take care until then.

lucyray, rzage and Collecting Nut like this.
  9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Rickie , you will be missed . I just wish I could express myself better , and wish you the best and my thanks for sharing your wisdom with us . Post when you can .

10. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Fair Winds and Following Seas my friend!

green18 and Paddy54 like this.
  11. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

The feeling is mutual.

phankins11 likes this.
  12. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

You are not replaceable RickieB. Neither are the the contributions you made to this site and to the growth of your fellow collectors. You are one of a kind my friend, you will always be remembered.

13. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

My prayer for you is that the Creator keep you folded within His wings of grace until the end of all time and eternity.

kookoox10, lucyray and Daniel Jones like this.
  14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Thank you for everything you've shared with us here, and thank you for giving us this opportunity to say it. We've missed you, and that's not going to change.

15. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I hope we all can follow your example of generosity, helping fellow collectors learn more about their interests by sharing your knowledge and encouragement. You've been a great asset to this forum and you'll leave a great void. Thanks for all you've contributed here -- we'll think of you often.

rzage, green18 and techwriter like this.
  16. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

RickieB, You have touched many lives with your passionate approach to paper money. You even inspired many like me to look into paper collecting in addition to coin collecting. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Simper Fidelis

rzage and Dean 295 like this.
  17. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Beautifully said, if I may share my opinion.

rzage and lucyray like this.
  18. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

You have been an integral part of this forum and shall not be forgotten. Best wishes on your life journey.

19. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Darn auto correct

20. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Thank you Rickie, for your service, thank you for your knowledge you have shared, most of all thank you for being the example that all members here should be.
    A true gentleman ! Know that we will miss you,know you have enlightened our minds,and touched our hearts.
    God Bless Rickie peace out Paddy

green18 and Daniel Jones like this.
  21. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Dear RickieB,
    We haven't exchanged posts, and I haven't been around for a while, but I would like to thank you very much or all of your kindness. When I first joined, you were one of the very first people to welcome me here with a kind note. I have not forgotten you. I wish you well sir, on your journey from today going forward!.. Do stop in when you can.

My kind regards,
    Lucy Ray (Linda)

rzage, green18, kookoox10 and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted