Dealer, Collector, Dealer/Collector?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kentucky, May 25, 2019.

?

What would you consider yourself?

1. Dealer, I don't collect

1.5%
  2. Dealer and collector of some

24.2%
  3. Collector, I don't sell much if any

74.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EyeAppealingCoins

EyeAppealingCoins Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'm sure your other business helps a lot. Those with old antique furniture and what not probably have some older numismatic or currency items too.

Kentucky likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

I buy way more than I sell... does that make me a good collector or not so good dealer?

:)

micbraun, Kentucky and Seattlite86 like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It makes you human. :)

coinzip and Kentucky like this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

This was a joke right? Have you seen the way some people treat waiters in the US? Also, some states allow waiters to be paid less than $3.00/hr so they’re completely dependent on tips. You know me, I couldn’t do that job.

Kentucky and wxcoin like this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Just happened to read about this $2.13 is all that is mandated and all that some states mandate also. https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I've never been a waiter, have been a bartender though. In fact I even used to own a bar once. And I have known a great many waiters, waitresses, and bartenders, more than few of them family members. And while some of them would only make $200 a week, others often made $400-$500 a night.

But there was one thing that always struck true, two things really. The job can be a monstrous pain in the butt. And how much money you make, has far, far more to do with where you work, than it ever has to do with how well, or poorly, you do your job.

buckeye73, Kentucky and wxcoin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted