deal or no deal?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by b1gboy, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jonthecoinjunky

jonthecoinjunky Junior Member

Since you stated you had been looking at commems for awhile, one should factor in how much you time is worth. If you spent hours and hours searching, you might be able to construct the set for less money. However then you would have factor in such expenses as traveling to shows or shops (gas, lodgeing, food etc.). Some people, like me, enjoy spending hours upon hours looking for coins, others just enjoying having the coins in there collection.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. b1gboy

b1gboy Junior Member

This collection kinda fell in my lap.I have bought some commems at shows and dealers.(not many shows close to here)To get the commems, I had to take it all at this price.I've already sold 8 pcs from this collection for an avg of $31.00 each which is more than i paid for them.I'm not trying to make money just sell what I really didn't want.

4. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Unfortunately these days dealers are't paying each other anything near bid for government issue stuff. As a dealer these days your lucky to get 15% back of bid from another dealer. They have to buy them from the public at 20%-25% back of bid. I'd love to sell any of our sets at close to bid... It just doesn't happen these days.

5. b1gboy

b1gboy Junior Member

Yeah,the dealers here take bid knock 10 percent off and thats what they offer when i sell to them,but i can't buy anywhere close to bid when i buy unless i buy a large amount at once then I pay about 10 percent over ask on greysheet.

6. b1gboy

b1gboy Junior Member

Thats why i said if there are dealers out there selling below bid I'm a buyer. Cause here it's not happening!

7. b1gboy

b1gboy Junior Member

cute kid by the way dutch!

Draft saved Draft deleted