DDo DDR cud error 1985 dime

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Azyl, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Azyl

Azyl New Member

What do you think cud by eye ear doubled on both obverse and reverse 178832AC-1C91-4BFA-B486-CDD965C61D2A.jpeg 27514320-AB54-41C0-96CF-F09118A7A585.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

From your pics all I see is roller damage, wear, and possibly a small chip (ear). Clearer pics needed to make any attempt to see any doubling on the reverse as all I see is double vision.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CoinTalk.

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm seeing signs of serious die deterioration as in the thickness of the letters and such. Damage and wear and tear but a bit too blurry to see any true hub doubling present.

5. Azyl

Azyl New Member

Can see clear doubling in E cud on eye
    Just found this in change form gas station when I get home tonight will post pictures under microscope 5F7824E9-198D-4436-8C65-6DE5026B35AC.jpeg

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

A cud does not start internally, it starts from the edge of a coin, the result of a piece of the die that has broken away. What you may have is a die chip. Die chips are internal to the coins design and many times follow a die crack. As far as the doubling goes, I'll let others hear speak for that. You can also go to www.doubleddie.com and see if you can find a match for your coin. When you get to the landing page, on your left, click on "Doubled Die Listings" and then the appropriate target of your search.

Azyl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted