ddddd’s Inaugural Box of 20

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, May 22, 2020.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

"Freestyle" is fun! My interests are just too varied to stick to fixed "sets" anymore, though I do miss the structure of that sometimes. Y'know, the ol' "check it off the list and plug it into that empty slot in the album" thing. There is a satisfaction to that which you can't get from a freestyle collection. But freestyle comes with so many other benefits to make it worthwhile.

Nice stuff. I particularly like those Spanish colonials. The Russian is impressive, too, and I like the Pan-Pac half. I've always wanted a proof Philippine peso but doubt I'll ever find one that I like within my budget.

Nice to see some other members of the Peacock Club here. :)

It's a rather small and exclusive club. Not too many members. ;)

9nESzAfqSDGEWA7ajroQ_Peacock-800x500-label.png

Paddy54 and ddddd like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

Thanks @lordmarcovan and I'm glad to be part of the exclusive peacock club. :D

The Proof Philippine Pesos can still be found at relatively affordable levels. I've seen a few sell in the $400-$500 range (although with mixed eye appeal...some were nice while others looked below average). If one were to expand into the $500-$1k range, then there are more options out there. A less expensive alternative would be a proof 50 Centavo (same design but smaller) or a mint state Peso (both can be found well below $500).

Paddy54 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted