Dd??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Brandon3545, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

Rare or common lol

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Based on your Pic and attitude , NO !

4. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

Lol what's that supposed to mean

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

From those pics it's not.

I think some of you have to catch your breath for a moment and think. Even if that date were slightly doubled, who cares? Even the geniuses that write the books on them can't sell them. Now I mention that because you specifically ask if it's rare. If you're just looking for these for the sport of it, or even just for attention, that's of course different. There's no money in 99.99% of these, though, I hate to tell you. If you don't believe me, ask the guys that write the books listing them. Some of them will even list prices. Ask if they ever sold one. If you can't even see it except through very high-powered magnification, they probably never ever did.

I just hate to see you treasure hunters, after all the time and effort you put in, get let down in the end. Learn to do it for the sport of it. That's what most regularly doing it here do. Forget the dough-re-me, and you might even learn to enjoy it. Just some advice, FWIW.

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  6. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

Lol trust me I'm not in it for the money. I like to collect rare things regardless of it's value. Coins are my new interest. Is not about making money is just about the search

7. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

And FYI I noticed without the magnification:bored:

8. SensibleSal66

Welcome to Coin Talk. I forgot about you. Man, I was totally joking . Forgot to edit my post . :eek:

Brandon3545 likes this.
  9. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

No problem lol

10. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

If you're going to be serious about coins, get a price guide. You can buy a coin magazine off a newsstand for only a few bucks. Better yet, get a Red Book.

11. SensibleSal66

Here's an excellent Book I own . Very Nice intermediate level. IMG_20201226_231009250_HDR.jpg

spirityoda, JeffC and Vizzura like this.
  12. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk. Your photos are too small to determine what you have. Could you please post a larger, clear, photo of where you see the doubling. Thank you. Here's two sites to check for Doubled Dies:
    1) https://doubleddie.com/
    2) http://www.varietyvista.com/
    There's others but these are good starters.

Brandon3545 likes this.
  13. Brandon3545

Brandon3545 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted