DCAM PF69 Silver State Quarters

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Packrat, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

A friend of mine inherited some coins from his late father. Included are some PCGS slabbed silver state quarters 1999-2009 and a number of PCGS and NGC slabbed Proof silver eagles. I know these were probably purchased at ridiculous prices off the TV, but what kind of an aftermarket is there for this type of material? Thanks for allowing me to be on cointalk and thanks in advance for responses.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Your best bet would probably be to check completed listings on eBay for the SQ's and the SAE's.

Chris

4. Packrat

Edited I don't think he wants to list and sell through ebay. Saw varying prices on individual coins. Thanks.

B/S/T only on classified forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2018
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

For the state quarters ebay will be your best bet. He can do them by year or whatever if he doesn't want to list them all individually.

The ASEs probably ebay as well. Lots of dealers will try and buy them as melt and sell them as better

6. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Those will be tough to sell on E-Bay for huge premiums. There is not a lot of price difference between a proof set in OGP and a PF69 graded set. I have bought several sets of these in PF69DCAM. I have paid anywhere from $7.50 -$8.50 per coin when they are sold in a complete year set. The 1999 year set will sell for more. They have lost some value over their high. 1999 date set will sell in the $65-$80 range. The 2004 coins seem to sell really well also. You could put a little premium on that year also. The 2009 set may have a slight premium just because it is 2009.

The best way to sell the State Quarters is by date set. If you try to sell them separately, some states sell, others don't. Throw E-Bay fees and postage and you're talking not worth it. If the State Quarter set is complete, which it sounds like it is, auction the complete set and get it done in one sale.

I only buy ASE coins from the mint so I can't help on the aftermarket pricing.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I was only suggesting that you could get an idea what they would be worth by checking the completed listings on eBay.

By the way, if you want to try to sell them for him on CT, you need to use the B/S/T forums, not the open forums.

Chris

8. Packrat

thank you for your help

9. Packrat

thanks. was trying to get an idea of value. If he wants to sell I will go the other route.

Draft saved Draft deleted