Data needed: 1950A-1950E $50 and $100 star notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Numbers, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

I'm trying to work out serial ranges and printage totals for the $50 and $100 FRN stars in the 18-subject-sheet series (1950A through 1950E). The original BEP records on these star printings are lost, so the reference books have only rough approximations (at best) of the printage totals. :(

It appears that there were often gaps in the star serial ranges (much like the 32-subject stars in the '70s and '80s), and that at least occasionally there was mixing between series (e.g., a 1950A note with a higher serial than a 1950B note--which doesn't happen in the 18-subject printings except for these higher-denomination stars). So in general, the situation is rather confused. :headbang:

If you've got any $50 or $100 star notes from the 1950s series, I could use the serial number, series, denomination, and plate position letter. Feel free to post a scan here if you feel like showing off :rolleyes: or send me a PM or email if you don't. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Well it seems that I can help just a little bit here..

I have the following note

$50 1950-D* SN B02561299* Front Plate - O25 Back Plate 173

Hope this offers at least some help?

RB

4. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Yes, it's one more data point.... This one works out to run 18, sheet 1299. It's only the third note I've recorded from this run, and it's the lowest sheet number of the three, so it extends the confirmed serial range a bit.

Thanks, and if you run across any more of these stars, please do let me know! :cool:

5. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

PM sent..

RB

Draft saved Draft deleted