Data Base

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OutStanding, Jun 20, 2012.

1. OutStanding

OutStanding New Member

Hi
    I have a coin collection and i would like to make a data base of them so i can search if i have 1 coin or another spering me the time of searching for it
    can anyone advise me any software where i can put my collection?
    There is just one thing that i would like the software to have, that is in a entry of a coin i could put varius years and the respective condition of the coin.
    Thank you have a good day

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

4. OutStanding

OutStanding New Member

Yes i know that access is a good possibility but i've to do it i was looking for something already done
    is there?

5. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Do you have access to Excel? It's a spreadsheet as opposed to a database, but it would work perfectly for the purposes you described. If not Excel, then there should be some type of default spreadsheet software installed on your computer.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Coin Elite and other software does that. With coin elite you do need to pay for an upgrade every now and then - both software and the costs included. It is put out by Trove software.

8. OutStanding

OutStanding New Member

I'm very specific about the kind of software that i want.
    The form must have the following entries: name/ continent/ country/ currency/ photo/ various years on the same entry / and the respective coin state. With a view that shows the count and all above.
    Peraps its better if i do it myself it to specific
    But if anyone know about something like this please let me know
    Have a good day

9. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

This can all be done in a Spreadsheet. Each category can be assigned to a column. The contents are searchable, the columns can be sorted, and you can include pictures. You can even have separate pages within the same document for different denominations, countries, etc. I guarantee that there is a software package already installed on your computer that is capable of achieving what you want to do. It's not worth paying for.

10. OutStanding

OutStanding New Member

Thank you for your time i'll do it on access as i previously planed.
    I was just looking for something already done like this website en.numista but in software, it is exactly what i wanted.
    Thank you for your time again have a good day

11. krispy

krispy krispy

12. SteveCaruso

SteveCaruso Counterfeit Collector

Numismetrica.com

It's free and works on any web browser (desktop or smart phone). Coins are listed in album form and it tracks fair market and bullion values. Also let's you upload images and share them with others. :)

13. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I use Excel spreadsheets to catalog my collections.
    Works great.

Draft saved Draft deleted