Dansco & Wizard Coin Supply

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Oct 20, 2018.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Maybe someone knows what's going on...I've place three orders to Wizard this year spaced about three months apart. Looking to get a Dansco Mercury Dime and Seated Liberty Quarter album but each time they are out. Is it something to do with Dansco cutting back production or just bad timing on my part. I like to bulk my orders up when I need supplies to make it worth the flat rate shipping of $9.95. I also noticed that Cowens cardboard flips have gone up quite a bit this year. From $54.95 to $64.95 for 3,000. Inflation I guess. Thanks.

Elizabeth Valencia likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

The Mercury Dime Dansco has been unavailble for a long time. Not sure about the Seated Liberty. A fried of mine who is a dealer for supplies has tried unsucessfully to get Dansco to start up production on the Mercury Dime album.

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

you can buy them on Ebay.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. David Hilton

David Hilton New Member

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Found one new on Ebay but asking too much. The rest were used and I never know if the slides are scratched or loose. Next stop-Amazon. It's a shame that Whitman never got on the wagon with slip cases or I would not have to be doing this. My Whitman's are all faded and worn out.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yeah, I like to roast those guys too........ devil.gif

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

my local coin dealer might have both. want me to check Monday ?

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm okay for the time being but thanks very much for the offer.

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm going to check Littleton albums at Wizard. I like theirs also. I'm at about a 50/50 mix on Dansco and Littleton.

11. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I agree....the Littleton albums actually aren’t bad.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted