Dansco/Whitman albums for Proofs only (no P & D mints)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by AmishJedi, Jan 29, 2021.

1. AmishJedi

AmishJedi Well-Known Member

I have been trying to locate albums (showing both sides like Dansco/Whitman, etc.) to start a Kennedy half collection of DCAM/UCAM proofs only - not interested in collecting the P/D business strikes, just displaying/collecting the proofs.

Does anyone have ideas as to where I could locate these? I've checked eBay and Google to no avail. I've seen albums that include proofs, but not just proof-only albums. Would it be better to just get blank album pages made for half dollars and label the dates myself? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

You may wish to try Littleton coin albums. They manufacture blank pages, as do Dansco and Whitman.

Matthew Kruse, tommyc03 and AmishJedi like this.
  4. AmishJedi

Thanks - I always forget about Littleton. I'll check that out!

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I would go for Littleton at this time. DANSCO is currently still in the process of getting back up and running and is way behind in a lot of albums. Try Wizard Coin Supply, I do all my shopping there for supplies. "The Nickel Trader" also specializes in albums and folders and also has a selection of out of print items.

AmishJedi likes this.
  6. PDKHort

PDKHort New Member

I started this very same project 10+/- years ago with Dansco albums and blank pages and hand written carefully (front and back holes with slides)...Proofs only. Books for each series: Lincoln penny, nickel, dime, halves (Franklins and Kennedy's), Washington quarters entire series to present (Huge Series including slab-only early issues). Now retired and picking up where I left off I'm having to renovate and re store the collection up to Lighthouse Quadrum Intercept square holders and into their binders/pages due to toning problems in the Dansco albums thanks to atmosphere (edge toning) and poor handling...not using a face mask (spot) and only one pair of never washed thin cotton gloves...fingerprint (vs multiple pairs of cotton cloves to switch out for washing and doubling up wearing cotton gloves over latex gloves). Never, never again...The Dansco albums are no substitute for stapled flips, mint packaging (which has had it's own problems). Proofs are ultimate collector coins; Dansco is substandard storage for them. The Dansco-type albums with chemical anti-tone intercept-technology do not come in blank albums or pages to customize your own collections. http://www.coinsupplyplanet.com/intercept-shield-albums/ Go all out for an album-type/binder storage system to do them justice for your lifetime. That's what I did spending time researching and settling on intercept technology holders. Don't make the half-assed mistake I made.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    AmishJedi likes this.
  7. AmishJedi

Awesome advice - thanks so much for the link. I've never used this site, but after browsing it, there are some real nice items. Thanks again!

Draft saved Draft deleted