Dansco Mexico Coin Book Value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyricfive, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Hello,

I realize it is hard to tell by photos. I was wondering if someone can give me a ballpark figure what this book would be worth. Some of the large silver coins are countermarked it appears. I am not sure if that affects the value or not. Is it wiser to have each coin graded? Or sell the book as a whole?

Attached Files:

capthank and JickyD like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

WOW! I've never seen that Dansco book #7220. I have the Mexico Type Dansco but it only has coin types from 1905-1959 & I paid roughly $1K...This one should be considerably more, just guessing.
    J.T.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    capthank likes this.
  4. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Do you which book this one is? If I were to title it? It does not seem to have a number like most Dansco books have.

5. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

Do not sell the book as a whole; you will make more by selling the older 8 reales coins (large crown size pieces) separately. List the page of small-denomination type coins on Ebay as "Dansco Mexico Type Set Album Page Silver" or something along those lines; you'd be sure to get a hit.

capthank, LA_Geezer and YoloBagels like this.
  6. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Great idea...thoughts on the value of just the page?

capthank likes this.
  7. QuintupleSovereign

It's not the coins so much as the page itself; it was an add-on to the original Dansco Mexico album and has been out of print for quite some time. My gut tells me to list it at around $75 including shipping; if you wanted to sell it quickly, you could probably get $50.

capthank likes this.
  8. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

just the page or the page with the book? I would obviously take the other larger coins out to be graded.

capthank likes this.
  9. QuintupleSovereign

Is the book actually labeled "Mexico Type?" If so, consider selling the type coin page with the book. If the book is generic, list the book separately as "Dansco World Coin Album."

capthank likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted