dansco album 7140 wash quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bruce 1947, Oct 25, 2006.

1. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Hi All,
    Have a question about the dansco 7140 Washington coin album 1932 to 1998, Dansco does not make a quarter album from 1932 to 1964. I think I can buy single pages but I do not know on what page 1964 ends so if you have this album please let me know if the last page has 1964 or does it end in 1965 or higher a picture of the page with 1964 on it would be appreciated

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

1964 ends on page 4 of the 7140 Dansco album. Page 1 is 1932-1941D, page 2 is 1941S-1949D, page 3 is 1950-1959, and page 4 is 1959D-1972-D.

Here is a scan of page 4:
    [​IMG]
    I hope that helps.

4. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Hi Richie,
    Thank you very much for info and picture thats what I needed.

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I just got this same book from a friend---I'm starting a AU/BU set of Washington Quarters---of coruse some of them will be slabbed---I already have some of the dates in MS66 and such so thoes will stay slabbed---I have my eye on an 1932-D....

Speedy

6. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Not to brag about Whitman but I can add blank pages in my Washington Album until the seams are ready to rip apart. Whitman sells blank pages for all albums and also sell sheets of rub on gold leaf letters and numbers for under the slots on those blank pages.

7. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

Only problem with this album, it's missing a spot for the 1976-s Silver Quarter.

8. Moen1305

Moen1305 Mysticism and Tyrants

You are talking about the Whitman Classic albums. They are, in my humble opinion, the best in looks and ease of use. My Kennedy albums can hold eight pages without putting undue stress in the binding. The eight pages are good through 2009. I like the brief history of the coin on the inside cover and the list of coins on the opposite cover. They come appart easily when you need to add a page and go back together just as easily. They can't be beat but they cost over 25.00 an album. A bit on the expensive side.

9. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

The cost is a bit on the expensive side but is comparable with Littleton and Dansco and acutually a bit less. There is a difficulty in finding any of them for a decent price like the great deals on the Walmart web site where you can buy the Red Book for about $10. I too have put as many as 10 pages in some of my albums. I use the blank pages for some things and just add the info under each slot from the gold type lettering on those rub off sheets. I even invented a proof only book by using a blank Whitman Album and varieties of the blank pages. Very versatile albums.

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Moen said:
    "You are talking about the Whitman Classic albums. They are, in my humble opinion, the best in looks and ease of use. "
    But their Barber quarter albums are useless-- anything that is an AG or even sometimes G will slide into the interior.
    I know, I bought a partial set of Barber Quarters years ago, abot #20 pieces and got home to find another 10 or 15 that slid into the interior of the binding.
    Not bad, and I got a good deal, but I won't keep my colection in Whitman.

Draft saved Draft deleted