Dansco 7070 type set album Something strange

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Ed Goldman, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

I just put a 1794 cent in and it floats around in the hole. I discovered that the holes for the large cents are not all the same size. When I put the 1794 in the 1840-57 slot it fits perfect. Has Any one else noticed this?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

In one word, yes. Dansco had to make them larger than normal because there's quite a size difference in early cents due to the open collar design of the coin press at the time, and better a big hole than a small one.

Make a shim from a (non PVC!) flip and it will stay more secure.

Hope this helps...Mike

4. coinnut

coinnut Senior Member

my idea

i noticed the same problem.
    i wanted my album to contain all the different types to show the evolution
    of US coins. what i did was make another hole for the lib cap and other large size coins like the half dollars to put them in time sequence.
    it was not easy and had to be done very exact. i added extra pages to accommodate all the different dimes,i also put spacers to hold the
    smaller coins to place them in the larger holes.
    lot of work but it accomplished my purpose.

5. Machrihanish

Machrihanish Junior Member

I had the same problem on many coins especially the Reeded Edge Halves where Dansco cut the holes the same dia. as the CBHs. I called the Dansco 800 number and they kindly sent an envelope of Mylar strips that work quite well.

6. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

I need to get a 7070, I filled a 20th century type set and ever since I finished it, my collecting has been pretty aimless.

7. Ed Goldman

Ed Goldman coin collector

You'll have fun filling this album..I have been working on mine about a year now. Still need about 10 coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted