Dansco 7070 album

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jdiablo30, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

I've been chipping away at this album now for about 6 months. My goal is to obtain as many coins as I can that are naturally toned and preferably on both obverse/reverse. I will update this as I go along,but here is the batch that I just got in.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jdiablo30

Type 1 SLQ

Attached Files:

BigTee44, Endeavor and Paul M. like this.
  4. Jdiablo30

1866 Seated Half w/Motto

Attached Files:

5. Jdiablo30

1910 Liberty Nickel

Attached Files:

6. Jdiablo30

1891 Seated 25¢

Attached Files:

7. Jdiablo30

1917 Type 2 SLQ

Attached Files:

8. Jdiablo30

1828 Capped Bust Half "Lettered edge"

Attached Files:

mlov43, BigTee44, Endeavor and 2 others like this.
  9. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

So is this a virtual Dansco? I wouldn't break those beauties out.

Paul M. likes this.
  10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

:eek:
    Are you breaking those out?!

Paul M. likes this.
  11. Jdiablo30

Forgot to mention I use the slab inserts to take my pictures, some I get raw,but I do break them out. A lot of the holders were scratched anyway. I may slowly start sending them into pcgs though to all get graded. As I begin to acquire more coins,I would like them all in the same platics for now the dansco will do.

Paul M. likes this.
  12. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

I thought these photos looked familiar. Saw them on IG earlier. Nice coins.

Jdiablo30 likes this.
  13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I like the 31 quarter and the 28 half in particular. Tho many look like old retoned dips their market acceptable. The 28 half I'd love to see in hand. That looks real nice

14. Jdiablo30

I had that feeling when I bought the Bust quarter and the 1866 half dollar. They both look a lot better in hand and have a good amount of luster showing still,so after seeing that, I didn't feel to bad about breaking them out. I really enjoy how they all look next to one another in a album. My process for breaking coins out too may be a little over the top,with me wearing gloves,the coin never gets touched,it goes directly from the slab into the hole in the album,heck I even use a little tweezer to pull the slides out so I don't get fingerprints on them. Ill be posting more pictures soon. Thanks for all the words!

ThinnPikkins likes this.
  15. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Jdiablo30 and Paul M. like this.
  16. Jdiablo30

Those are those air tight albums correct? I actually like the thought of the coin being put into a airtight and then into a album.I like the idea of that.

17. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Yep. I just saw this retailer displaying his brand of airtite albums at a coin show this past weekend. He had Kennedy Halves, Canadian Dimes, and the ever-popular Silver Eagles albums on display

When I first saw these CAPs albums, I thought, "oh, cool. Well, here's another storage/display option." But I have to say, the albums look a LOT better with coins in them. Much more impressive, and a lot more coins per page than I could fit with my own frankenstein-Dansco airtite albums.

Draft saved Draft deleted