Daniel Carr Recent Creations

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Glen Smith, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Glen Smith

Glen Smith Member

I wanted to start a post on all of Daniel Carr's creations. I was lucky enough to spend 5 days with him in his shop in Colorado and wanted to share with this board some pictures I took. I had to make a correction on this Open House as I had the wrong year but this is from his 2019 Open House. I asked him if he would not mind just smashing and overstriking his 2019 Apollo 11 Open House coin with the Beautiful Peace Dollar. I had bought so many of his of this year I had no problems with him overstriking this. I could tell he was a bit hessitant as it was one of his more expensive Peace Dollars but I honestly did not care about cost. To me his work is Price-Less as this one appear's to be! Whatcha guys think?

If you have any Daniel Carr creations you would like to share please you are welcome to post it here.
    Peace App11- reduced 6-5.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Muzyck and ddddd like this.
  4. Glen Smith

Glen Smith Member

Thank you we will let this one die out and I will mark your thank you much!

dwhiz and Morgandude11 like this.
  5. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I don't like it. Too cluttered and I don't understand what it's supposed to be

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

One of his peace dollars that had one of his Apollo dollars struck over it.

7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

8. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

HUH. It’s a little too weird for me. Usually his stuff has a bit more style, this just seems like an amateurish job.

But I’m sure some people wil like t

9. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Is this one of a kind? I hope so.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

He does great work! I think we all would agree on that. However, I can't get into it and the prices are too high for fantasy pieces but I do understand why.

11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Not amateurish nor but that’s what it appears to be which you had asked what it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted