Dang..Got sniped on Teletrade

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mark_h, Aug 26, 2012.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=1366 - I had it at $280 with about 6 seconds left and ended up losing by $20. Don't you just hate it when someone else catches what you did on a coin. And by the way - this is why a CPG is a good book to have. At least I made them suffer a little. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Is that the missing leaf variety?

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Make the devil pay in blood Mark........:)

5. mark_h

Yes - and I could not figure out how to price it. So I took a shot in the dark with what I would not mind spending. This is one of those varieties that if I do not cherry pick it I will never own one.

6. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

what does CPG stand for?

7. robbudo

robbudo Indian Error Collector

Cherry Picker's Guide. Sorry, i'm slow tonight.

8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I just got off Teletrade too Mark....but I am crying for a different reason. I WISH someone had sniped me. Now how do I go and explain to the wife that I just had to charge XXg to the CC.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Don't say a word Joe........that's what I do. :)

I also pay the bills.......

10. mark_h

Tell her she can go shopping - thats what my brother does. Now the worst part is that the first bid I made was $55 - on the wrong coin and I won it. I was tracking 6 coins and did not pay attention to what I put where - so now I am the proud owner of 1895 Liberty nickel. At least no wife to explain that screw-up to. :)

11. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

First start off telling her how beautiful she is. Then give her a big hug followed by a kiss with a bouquet of flowers. By this time your wife will be asking "what did you do?" or "what do you want?" This will be the perfect time to tell her about the charge. :D

Good luck.

12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Yeah hunny....remember that big ol' diamond ring you were looking at....wellll......let me just say I got you something even bigger and better. Its a lump of coal.... but in 1000000 million years, after you shove it up your a**, you might just get a nice big diamond out of it.

Yeah, I am not sure on how that would go. I could always take a loan out from my rich uncle Ken. ;)

13. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Joe you can always tell her its an early birthday gift to your self. Its worked for me a couple of times< but I thinking she is starting to catch on.

14. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

FUnny you said that Tater, because last night she shows me what she wants for Christmas which was about $300. Then she asked what I wanted and I said a $xx coin, can she swing it? She just laughed, but I was sweating bullets. I have never lied or not told my wife anything in the 15 years we have been together, but I may have to bend the rule this one time!

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

It is A missing leaf variety, there are several of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted