Damaged Morgan Questions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by IBetASilverDollar, Feb 9, 2017.

1. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're wise to set reasonable expectations. You'll be notified of the results.

Mr. Bellman brings up a good point regarding net grading, which isn't such a bad thing if noted/described. However, netting damaged coins simply to place them into straight holders isn't a wise long term move IMO. The thing is with your coin, even if it comes back straight but netted, is that it's always going to be avoided by more serious collectors. It may be attractive to so called "budget buyers" and there's nothing wrong with that if it's understood what they're doing, but all too often they end up as "hot potatoes", passed from one guy to the next until ending up with someone who doesn't know any better. Most may be happy and make their money now, but there's a cost for it paid by the hobby as a whole. If you plan on keeping the coin regardless of the outcome, just enjoy it for what it is, which is a damaged coin, but is still a perfectly fine collectible as it is.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

yeah honestly my view is probably opposite of some. If it comes back straight graded I'll hang onto it, if not I'll probably just take my medicine (read: loss, lol) and move on to the next one.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Check their website. If you have the form number, you can track it there.

5. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Results came in. Good new it's at least authentic, bad news it got Fine Details (Obv Damage). Kind of what was expected I suppose and honestly even if it did straight grade I think it would be worth as if details graded to most people anyways.

I only wanted to hang onto it if straight graded for my personal collection so I'm gonna accept a loss and try and flip it for 1-2 nicer graded CC's in less tough years.

longshot likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted