Damaged 2016 - want to know is it pmd?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JusCurious1o, Aug 3, 2020.

1. JusCurious1o

JusCurious1o Member

I didn't want to just throw this one in a jar without checking it out,because of the lettering. Is any of the damage a die clashes? Thanks in advance for all replies

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Why do you think that this damage could be a clash? ~ Chris

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't see any evidence of a die clash. :)

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Definitely damaged, or "DEFDAM", as @paddyman98 would say.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I'm not sure I understand your question. On the reverse, I see some odd marks that one might think was a clash (too bright to tell what is going on), but on the obverse, it appears obvious to me that it is just PMD. Maybe if you could elaborate on your question/thoughts, it might help.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If it's damaged it's PMD. Can't tell anything from your photos.

9. JusCurious1o

JusCurious1o Member

Before posting l made notes about areas l thought were apparent: l think there's several areas of die breaks and chips,maybe cud error,ddo IN GOD WE TRUST/earlobe,ddr Epluribus unum.l also understand that die chips/breaks result from damage that comes out from coins surface is considered psd. Die clash was absolutely wrong-thanks for correction.What l have yet to understand is when coins have this level of damage coupled with a desired effect also determines value. Thanks for all replies

10. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Sorry but I agree with the other members that said PMD . Post mint damage on a coin takes away value instead of making it valuable. Damage to a coin is no good at all and makes coins look bad. A few corrupt people on the net tries to sell damaged coins as error coins.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A coin is worth face value. If the coin contains an error, the value increases. The error value is determined by many things, including condition. If the coin is damaged the value drops, even if it is an error. Die breaks, cracks, chips, cuds and lamination errors are nice and people collect them. These are minor errors and have little affect on the value.

A coin that contains an overdate will be more valuable but if that same coin is damaged the value can be so low the error will not help increase its price.

Draft saved Draft deleted