Damage or Die Chip Volume2

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by sunday13, Feb 21, 2019.

1. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Could you also take a look and confirm this little chip? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. schepys_coins

schepys_coins Eric's Best Friend

I'm no expert but I think that is PMD

4. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

ok. Thanks. Your statement leaves no room for me to ask "why"do you think it's damage, but thank you anyway:happy:

5. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

die chip in the 9,, it's a spender..

6. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

So it is a die chip. It's not damage. Correct?

7. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

IMO it's a small die chip on the 9.

8. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Thanks!

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I agree with Ken, and there is no reason to save it. These small die breaks are so common, that you will be able to fill a 5-gallon bucket with them in no time.

Chris

10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I wonder why, after the thousands of pennies I've searched, I've never found a single one.

Personally, I would keep anything that's a genuine error, no matter how small. After all, what's it gonna hurt? What are you gonna spend a penny on that can't wait until the next penny is in your pocket?

sunday13 likes this.
  11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I should have been more explicit. I was actually referring to all denominations and die breaks that may or may not occur anywhere on a coin.

Chris

12. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

saving these tiny die chips is like saving every cent with a small die crack at the corner of the Memorial building, one day you'll have so many you'll be smackin yourself in the head wondering why you saved them all then tossing them into the dump bucket..

13. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Any tiny die chips or small die cracks at the corner of the Memorial building that you have that you don't want, PLEASE send them to me. I have none of either.
    Obviously you've been Blessed, to have so many of both, that you can throw them in the dump bucket.

lol

14. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

lol they're not even worth the stamp to mail em...

Hookman likes this.
  15. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

keep roll searching, once you get between 100 an 200k cents searched you'll have your own jar full of em...

Hookman and sunday13 like this.
  16. sunday13

sunday13 Active Member

Ok. let me join you. I upload pics of the coins I find after coin hunting to ask questions about WHAT I see on the coin, which I ( by lacking experience) cannot be sure. Telling someone " It's PMD therefore a spender" is one thing; but confirming that is a chip, or a die crack and go spend it is another thing. I believe both Chris and Ken are trying to "protect" me and others from saving pennies of no value with no reason. I understand and appreciate that. But my questions have to do on whether it's an error or not; I'm not asking about pricing or what to do with that.And I believe that is exactly why Hookman is reacting. I am here to learn from others who are willing and kind to share their expertise so I can use the knowledge for my future findings. I don't mean to sound aggressive;I m just trying to make a point. Thank you all, once again for sharing your opinions on my threads.

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted