Dad's mail today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cash4coin, Mar 30, 2015.

1. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

Front page warning about scams, back page offer for a "FANTASTIC OFFER"

KIMG0118.jpg KIMG0119.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Only a ten coin minimum order though.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Limited supply!!!

(Limited to just over a quarter billion...unless you include the Denver coins...then it's limited to just under a half billion.)

;)

6. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

People have hoards of 1964 Kennedy's. Really.... limited?

And $14.75 has got to be the best price in town. If silver was $40.00. ;)

7. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be bad if the coin was in high grade/Mint State, but it doesn't say whether the coins are uncirculated or not so one has to presume they are circulated. For a circulated coin it's a rip off. That also doesn't include shipping and handling, which I'm guessing is another bend over.

8. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I'd order 11 rolls to get the complimentary $5.00 gold coin! I can't believe they could afford to do that after only making a $1700.00 profit.. Wow they are generous!!!

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

A couple nice lines from the ad

"He was assassinated only one year before they were released."
    Well if he hadn't been assassinated they wouldn't have released them at all. (And if they had delayed much they would not have been 90% silver)

'"if you had invested $10,000 in silver in early 2005 @$8.00 an oz. you would have over $20,000 in silver today."
    And if you had invested $10,000 in silver in mid 2011, you would have $3,900 in silver today! (Or if you bought in early 2005 and sold in mid 2011 you would have gotten $53,750.)

10. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Technically I don't think this can be called a scam. Everything they say is true, isn't it? They ARE limited, in that no more are being made. Yes, it is very misleading and is preying on the ignorant, but if you buy the coins, you will get them.

Rob

11. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

one is born every minute o_O

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

MOST of these scams use truthful yet shadowy language designed to get folks who do not know any better to put on their thinking caps and break out their wallets.

The target audience is NOT folks that know better but folks who DO NOT know any better and while it is not a crime per se, it would be considered unethical and misleading in most numismatic circles.

I wonder if what they are selling has been searched?

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Reading closer, the ad states that "EXPERTS ARE NOW PREDICTING SILVER TO RISE AS HIGH AS $200 oz IN THE NEXT 6 YEARS!"

Well, I could "hope" that it would rise that high but historically speaking, it just isn't going to happen unless some worldwide event causes all the economies to collapse. Silver has STRUGGLED to reach $50 per ounce over the past 35 years but has never breached that barrier simply because the higher the price in silver, the more incentive minors have for finding more.

Folks do realize that the Silver in Silver Eagles is required to have been mined from the United States which was one reason for the shortfalls in 2009?

The line quoted above is VERY Sketchy and unprovable as it is an opinion based upon what a silver bullion merchant would LIKE.

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Interesting/amusing/ and true typo. :)

cash4coin likes this.
  15. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Child labor laws?

Rob

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

17. cash4coin

cash4coin ran 20 redlights

No it's not a scam ;), they are warning us to be wary of scams and shady deals. And they want to help us out by selling us Kennedy halves for $14.75 each.

18. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

or as they say in the sell out world: "whores"

Draft saved Draft deleted