D-Day, What ya' think, is the Dollar Gonna Fall or Not?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I've only casually paid attention to those videos posted on youtube and I've seen their posted dates come and go at least twice myself. After that date passes, watch for the next future date they pick out of the air. Same content.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

End of the world when planets in conjunction, ice age predicted by 2000, hetro HIV, population growth will starve the world, Y2K, global warming (changed to climate change), et. al. The constant hysteria... Is this more of the same as many feel here? I'll concur

serafino and Garlicus like this.
  4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

5. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

I think that's when the Ebay bucks certificates get issued. :woot::woot::woot:

Stevearino likes this.
  6. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

As long as everyone else's employment and GDP figures are more bogus than ours, I don't think they'll detrone the USD anytime soon.

serafino likes this.
  7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I'm pretty ignorant of the economies in most of the world.

But I'm sure it's rigged so that the small guy doesn't stand a chance.

It's like the customers I have that are going big in metals investment and then buy three silver rounds.

Not a chance.

8. yankee doodle

yankee doodle Member

I like the ''all seasons'' investing philosophy of Ray Dalio who runs the worlds largest hedge fund. Every financial scenario will indeed unfold, but unlike mother nature, not in any predictable order or duration. Therefore, hold asset classes for each of the 4 major future financial possibilities: severe and mild-mod inflation and severe and mild-mod deflation. Hold gold for hyperinflation, stocks for mild/mod inflation; cash for major deflation and conservative income producing assets and/or ''shorts'' for mild deflation/disinflation. So whatever financial season comes our way, you are somewhat balanced or hedged and all your eggs are not in one financial risk basket. Mr. Dalio recommends holding some gold. The proportion of your holdings in each of the 4 baskets obviously depends on your individual circumstances, age, net worth, risk tolerance, etc. That's why he's paid the big bucks. Always error on the side of safety. If you can sleep well with your financial decisions, then you are probably on the right track. Remember, no one will care more about your finances than you.

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

10. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Agree.

Unfortunately, these people know just enough to not really understand. Perhaps they are "new" to such discussions and now have figured out a method of propagating their ignorance out those who are just as ignorant and just as new?

It IS possible for a large group of dummies to attract yet even more dummies!

BTW, that doesn't even sound like Anonymous.

Point to Note: The Federal Fiscal Year begins in October.

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Garlicus and dwhiz like this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

While they still have time to get out of town.

And once again it is looking like Congress may not be able to get the stop gap spending legislation passed in time. (Second point to note, Legally the ONLY legislation the Congress has to pass each year are the Budget and the 13 appropriation bills. They have 12 months in which to get this accomplished, and I believe they have only managed to do it once in the past thirty years.)

Draft saved Draft deleted