Custom printing options for coin flip paper inserts?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Original Skin Coins, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I use Excel. Being a Government employee it works for me. Once you set the correct cell size all you do is retype you label info and hit print. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

4. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Very neat!

5. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

thats so cool i never get to goto the ana events , i just got the invite to Anaheim and cant afford to go

6. As Mr. Bellman guessed, it's quality and convenience that I'm looking for. I currently print out my own design on card stock, but I'd rather spend a bit of money and avoid all the time spent with the paper trimmer.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I get to do this because my life is the way it is. I am divorced (twice, actually), have a good job with great benefits (and I know how rare that is getting, and I appreciate my good fortune), have an adult son, who is a numismatist who I love travelling with, and I hate the typical East Coast state vacation of "going to the shore".

Yecch! Sand everywhere.

So I spend ALL my annual vacation time going to ANA shows to help some very nice people put on a good show. I watch for airfare and/or Amtrak fare "steals" like a hawk, and I book affordable rooms for my add-ons that usually accompany my August trip. If you ever get the chance to serve on a "host committee" for a Winter or Summer ANA show, do it. You'll love working with ANA's fulltime staff. (Board of Governors members are okay, too, but not like the full timers.)

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

OK Kurt, two of us have provided you with sources for the pre-perferated card stock, go crazy!

micbraun likes this.
  9. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Speaking as someone who just spent twenty years living at "the shore," I wish more felt like you. :)

10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Self-preservation is the thing here. I get second degree burn sunburn just thinking about a shore vacation. I'm just a wee bit too Teutonic for beaches. Teutonic? Yes, not enough gin.

micbraun likes this.
  11. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I use the table functions in Microsoft Word. I make a table with four columns and six rows and ten save it as a template. All the rows and columns are 1.69" . Each cell in the table can be filled with the same (copy/paste) or different text. When printed the table fits on a single page. I cut the printed inserts apart using a straight-edge, box cutter, and a cutting mat.

Stork and mlov43 like this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Very kind of you to share in such detail, and the response is much appreciated.

13. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

One possible compromise is to order "slim" business cards (3.5" x 1.75") from some online printing place and design them to be cut in half, but only if your flips accommodate a 1.75" width. Otherwise you're using both a paper trimmer and a vacuum cleaner.

micbraun likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted