Curse of Oak Island coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

How much are they being paid for filming the show?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jrw711

jrw711 Member

It was identified as a British button (gold plated) from the 1750's IIRC. They had an expert in the field identify it and other items, like a wrought iron nail used to attach ship planks. It was said to have been Spanish from the 1650's or so.

4. Chuck S

Chuck S New Member

I just watched the season finale last night. They brought up wooden beams and a wrought hinge from the 4th hole that they drilled. They are claiming that it should be from the Money Pit. I guess the carbon dating comes during the next season. In my opinion, there is something down there (about 180 feet). I guess we wait until the next season. Hope I didn't spoil too much for anyone...

5. Packrat

What you said was already on TV. Should not be a problem.

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Not in the least, I have never watched a whole episode but am curious as to whether they will ever find something.

7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

When a reality show hits it's fourth season, the money REALLY starts to roll in.......

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

3 years ago I use to tell everyone that IF they found anything YOU would have heard about it already :greedy:.
    I got a kick out of the expert caretaker in the museum with the gold cross description....high grade, gold, most likely 22 to 24kt because of the color....and then says Rose Gold :rolleyes:.
    She said it would have had emeralds in it and were punched out from the back.
    Lots of speculation and shes GUESSING, trying to describe it as an old piece of jewelry (Gold and Emeralds) Yup that's the way they did it in the 1500's.

9. foundincirculation

foundincirculation New Member

This is Season 4. The program begin in 2014.

10. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

as did this thread....

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The main players (the two brothers) probably make in the $20k an episode range. The other "secondary" main players around $5-10k per.

12. Packrat

I heard Pawn Stars was paid $166k. Might have been a total for the show.

13. Kentucky

Not 100% on subject, but just watched a movie "Bridge of Spies" that had a coin in it. Francis Gary Powers was given what looked like me a Peace dollar with a poison pin in it to commit suicide.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The entire movie was loosely based off the real life story of a paperboy... & a coin ;)

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=32100

Kentucky likes this.
  15. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Both the hollow nickel and the silver peace dollar with the poison needle are in the film.

:)

16. Kentucky

Didn't see the nickel, started the film 5 min. late

17. Joea59

Joea59 Member

Yea I saw the Snake Island episode where the girl came up with what look like GOLD! After her dive. Snake Island is the better of the two IMO. But I'm not sure if they are still airing that one. That is as of now, Feb. 26, 2017. This blog started in Feb. 2014!

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yeah, they actually found the treasure of the trinity! I hope they do another season that chronicles the excavation. And I hope the government doesn't push them out.

19. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

I confess, I watched it to. I'm out of town at the ANA Convention in Orlando. I'll catch up when I get back home. Of course we all know when the diver went down, it was via a shaft into the voided area some 30 plus feet of water to get to the void chamber. I dove a lot when I was younger. The equipment is first rate and the safety protocols used were right on. CHeers to all, lots of coins to look at.

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Season premire tonight. They better find SOMETHING this season!!! $*$*$

21. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I pretty much fast forward through the show now, and only stop if they find something. They've about lost my interest.

Cascade likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted