Curse of Oak Island coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I am less cynical then you are close minded to the truth.
    Everything I posted in my last post has been documented and can be checked/ researched/ verified as true facts.
    The tourism is not my idea.
    History Channel probably pays for the expenses.
    Laginas are just trying to recoup their investment in the island by making the show run as long as possible.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

What I find interesting about the intro to the show is that:
    In fact no gold links were ever found. Gold epaulets that were planted when one team was losing hope, to reinvigorate the search, was later changed to "gold links".
    Where are these gold links? What museum? Where are the photos?
    No stone with strange markings was ever found. Only the story of such a stone. Where is the stone? Where is a photograph or rubbing of the stone? There is none.
    As for the copper coin, that could be real, as the island was a stopping point for British soldiers during the Rev. War and many other things.

If you turned every piece of ground in the world upside down and inside out, you are always going to find something old.

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I can guarantee that the production company is not laying out millions for a "dig". I have experience in this arena. They are also (the main talent, the brothers) at best only earn around $10k +/- per episode. The lesser talent somewhere around $5k+/- per episode. So they are either convinced something is there and have the funds or borrowed against assets or they found big money backers to finance it on speculation. The drilling company probably gave them a sweet discount for the free advertising but you can bet the brothers or a backer are shelling out seven figures on this so someone thinks something could be down there is all I'm saying.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If so, why did they quit in 2013?

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I dunno. Maybe to slow down and regroup and formulate a new game plan

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Since 2013?

8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I dunno know, I'm gonna ask Woody Allen, Woody Harrelson & Woody Wood Pecker.

9. wayne stoutenburg

wayne stoutenburg New Member

What is the coin worth i wonder ? I have not missed watching one show i am intreaged cant wate to find out what if anything is left on the island , i think the cabbage farmer found all the treasure he died a rich man and had no way to show of any income

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Probably only worth a few dollars, ebay is full of them. Probably where the coin for the show came from, there is no way a copper coin of that age came from the ground in that condition. Copper coins hundreds of years newer are virtually unidentifiable without heavy cleaning when found metal detecting.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  11. Jowan

Jowan New Member

The first point I would like to make is that the diver didn't find the coin, if it is real, it was found by the metal detector ''expert'', in an area that I am sure that he had already searched, and the second point I would like to make is that any Archaeologist would tell you, is that if something OLD is found on the surface then it has only just been put there...

12. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

This show is like Odyssey Marine (OMEX) I wonder how/when they end?

13. David@PCC

David@PCC allcoinage.com

Image from last week's episode, anybody have a guess what it is.
    20170217_224107.jpg

14. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I didn't catch last weeks. Where did they find it? What color is it? Looks like a button to me.

15. David@PCC

David@PCC allcoinage.com

That could very well be, it was in the last 20 seconds previewing next week's show.

16. David Setree Rare Coins

Since the legend says "that seven must die......" and only six have so far, do you suppose that when the series ends without them finding anything, the one brother will "off" the other brother on live TV and then continue the search?

Cascade and NSP like this.
  17. Kentucky

Spare me the viewing and let me ask if ANYTHING has been found on the program?

18. David Setree Rare Coins

Not that I have seen but I went to bed before it was half over.

19. Coinlover67

Coinlover67 Well-Known Member

No coins, they found a button. Still worth watching for some interesting finds.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

20. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

If anyone finds one of these on Oak Island, please let me know.

[​IMG]
    Egyptian Magic Coin

:)

Kentucky likes this.
  21. David Setree Rare Coins

Does anyone think they hit the $100 million mark in expenses over the past five years yet?

Draft saved Draft deleted