Curse of Oak Island coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Feb 11, 2014.

1. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

The only way they can get below the level of the water inlets is to start dropping 20' wide caissons to seal the shaft sides and use a clamshell excavator to dig out the debris down to the vault top. Then find someone who doesn't care about dying and send him down to complete the dig.

midas1 likes this.
  4. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Season 3 finale tomorrow. They finally get a diver to the bottom of 10x.

5. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Ahem, this thread has now survived the unbelievable -- it is unbelievable that it is that popular since it is so unreal. Carvings on un-associated rocks, etc.

Read the truth at: http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/index.shtml

It is such a TV\movie idea that they are making money off it; and stretching it out like fibreglass forever.

We could take any lost treasure idea that people have heard of and do the same type show.

Oops, they are ready have in the SuperStition Mtns, Mr. Lost Dutchman.

On this one, the cowboys are more ready to fight about it all! Such theatre that we now have.

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. thedredge

thedredge Active Member

I just have to reiterate.
    It is all a bunch of posturing to make money by doing a show. If these people were actually serious about retrieving the treasure in the pit they could have done so long ago. " The Blairmore ring has been around for decades" and they could have had complete control of the ground water and water from the access points to sea. However that does not bring tourists and does not make any money for anyone. It is sad when we have the technology to solve a mystery, but control of the property is by those who only wish to make money from it and not solve it. (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/curse-of-oak-island-coin.242566/page-5)

swamp yankee likes this.
  7. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Uhh, ground water, Jez, that stuff is everywhere

8. thedredge

thedredge Active Member

Research what a Blairmore ring is and how it is used and you will understand you can go right through underground rivers and such. It was used for the potash industry to do just that and could be easily implemented to safely go down without anyone needing to risk their lives.

swamp yankee likes this.
  9. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

Neato, a bubble of fertilizer!

There are better deposits of guano, but they have all been mined to death.

10. BostonCoins

BostonCoins Well-Known Member

Whether you're a fan of the show or not, the story line is really what keeps bringing people back.

What child doesn't imagine finding buried pirates treasure? What metal detectorist doesn't dream of finding that 'big score'?

Some people in this thread have stated amazement about how popular this thread truly is. I, for one, am not really amazed at its popularity. I think this show simply plays into that child that we all have inside of us.

Now... I've watched all the episodes of each season. I will, no doubt, be watching tonight's season finale. I will admit that I am, in fact, addicted.

I must say, however... As a fan.. There are a few things that have really begun to bug me about the show.

1. Evidence. This word keeps coming up again and again. The 90 foot stone, for example, is stated as 'evidence'. The bit of gold chain that was brought up from drilling is also stated as evidence. Sadly, every thing that is used as 'evidence' has either gone missing, or its whereabouts is unknown. I'm bugged by this. How can it be 'evidence' of proof? We don't know for sure that it really even existed in the first place!

2. Pace of the show. It's really really getting a bit over drawn. The announcer guy continues to repeat the same facts over and over again to build anticipation and drama. If I hear one more "A coin? On Oak Island?" in his drawn out expression.. ugh. Speed up the damn show. Edit out the crap. Make it a half hour show. I now have to DVR the show to watch it. I can't watch it live anymore.

3. Dig.. Just dig... Please... Just dig. Seriously.... You've located where the original money pit is... You've done core samples... Just dig the damn thing. The amount of money you're spending on cores, divers, experts, etc.. is ridiculous. Just dig the darn thing already and get it over with.

Other than that.. I'll have my bag of popcorn ready for tonight!

11. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

As to # three above. They aren't spending money, they are MAKING money. It is in the third year of a reality series (if they make it there) that the payments to the principals really skyrocket!

12. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I agree, the narrator annoys me to no end, how he repeats every little thing like it's a huge revelation. I also wish they'd stop entertaining every crazy idea that comes along and go chasing all these red herrings. They can't seem to turn anyone away and they act like everything is a credible idea. Unless every missing treasure in history is buried on this island, just stick to the original money pit which is the only reason for anyone to think there is treasure here.

13. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Good news for everyone enjoying the show - there will be a season 4, on air starting this fall.

14. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Anyone watching season 4? Already 4 episodes in but haven't watched any yet. Is it worth it?

15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I watch this from time to time. I was enthusiastic about it when I first started watching it. But like the made for TV shows it seems to repeat itself all the time with no real end in sight.

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Hells to the yeah! They're spending $2m and bringing in a huge mega drill to put a 40" pipe all the way down the money pit. Looks like they got some big money backers. Starting to look more like Gold Rush in terms of heavy equipment. They're determined to find out one way or the other.

PS, the Snake Island one is getting good too

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  17. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Still haven't found anything... it is moving along quicker though. They have started the large scale excavation of the money pit.

18. Clawcoins

I saw the other day they brought in a gigantic crane to finally excavate that one hole in the ground.

19. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I always fall asleep during this show... and never really miss much it seems, lol.

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Don't you have a toned gold DVR j?

21. Clawcoins

Last night while flipping through channels I heard them state that they are going to go down 243 feet to see if they are hidden chambers and tunnels down there.

Seriously? On a small island below the water level?
    Do they seriously think someone built tunnels that deep hundreds of years ago? Did aliens help them.

midas1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted