Curse of Oak Island coin

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

they lost my interest a long time ago.
    If they find something, then I'll watch it but on my time.
    I'm still amazed they've been on tv as long as they have been.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if Geraldo Rivera's Al Capone Safe opening is available on NetFlix.

Paddy54 and Stevearino like this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The show was more fun to watch, when we were able to chat about it on IMDb.
    Still looking forward to tonight's season opener.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Why can't you chat about it any longer?

6. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I have it set to record this season. Lost treasures have always fascinated me and I truly believe the Oak Island treasure hunt will pay off.

7. Michael K

When Amazon or Google or whoever bought the IMDb website, the first thing they did was kill the message boards, which was the best part of the site. Discussing movies, TV shows etc. Of course there are still venues to discuss the show,
    but that one was very good.

8. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Anyone watched this season? Is it still on or the finale already aired? I missed it completely...any important discoveries?

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Unfortunately.... This is the only program on TV I am engrossed with.... Long and short is no, not really. Some human bones came up from about 150' down. A lead cross was detected in the swamp. And a few British late 18th century coins were detected on a lot. But no, the big prize remains a legend. Last week part of the team turned in his resignation. There was talk of what we gonna do since we are out of funds. I suspect we are nearing the end.

Stevearino and wcoins like this.
  10. Michael K

I have my doubts about the age of the lead cross. 1200-1600 AD seems like a stretch. Were they even making crosses out of lead then? I guess they will have to bring it to the worlds leading lead expert in Iceland.
    Someone on FB mentioned it looked like an ankh.
    I enjoy the show, although I don't think there's anything there. Since they searched from 2006-2012 and gave up. What I don't like, is all of a sudden now it's all about "the history of this place". "You know how a feel about the history of this place."
    Um, just dig a hole please. TY

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Can't really bring myself to watch this, so just a quick question for you aficionados, how many coins have been found underground? I only know of one. (Argument with my brother)

12. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i believe about 4 or 5 coins found so far, the first i think was in the swamp and since that metal detector guy came, he found few more on land...

13. Michael K

I wonder if some of them were planted.
    All archaeological finds are the property of the museum in Nova Scotia and must be turned over to them. Even if they find the treasure, they can't keep it or sell it.

Kentucky likes this.
  14. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

For those of you who watch the show, new season returns November 13 at 9/8c :)

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  15. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Nooooooo... I thought this was finished. I watched every single episode for some reason hoping that they would finally uncover something, but no. I saw a commercial earlier and they claim to have found gold, my guess is that it’s a modern earring.

wcoins likes this.
  16. Circus

Circus Tokens Only !! TEC#4981

Well from the look of the new ads it looks like they are finally just digging a hole and using the interlocking steel coffer damn type walls.
    "Um, just dig a hole please."

Randy Abercrombie and wcoins like this.
  17. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Seems that they have located actual "money pit". But, also a Spanish Galleon that was sunk in the swamp. Up till now, NO gold coinso_O Theories abound on what the treasure is....

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  18. Michael K

If they located the money pit. (And didn't they find it 5 seasons ago?)
    They could just dig it up. But then there would be no show. The brothers actually searched for the treasure for about 6 years before the show started and gave up like every other well funded expedition before them. If you listen carefully to the diplomatic way they use certain terms "if" etc., they know there's nothing there. Meaningless tangential theories are just used and explored to stretch out the show.
    Who would have imagined that in 2020 we would get entertainment by watching guys dig a hole.

Stevearino and panzerman like this.
  19. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

My feeling is that if any organization/ Knight's Templars/ Confederate Army/ took the time/ effort to hide a large treasure/ they would (a) retreive it at some point (b) guard its whereabouts. If, Captain Kidd stashed his treasure on the Island/ maybe. Since, he was hanged by the British. The swamp may hold Kidd's loot.....

20. Michael K

They certainly would not dig down to bedrock. Nor would they have the equipment, engineering, manpower or time to do so.
    These guys are so far down it is ridiculous.
    Flood tunnels and box drains are only a theory, they have never been discovered.
    But 60 years ago it was already known that naturally occurring sinkholes are all over this island, and if you dig down far enough you are going to hit water.

Even if there are these man made structures that are not from previous excavations/ expeditions, it doesn't mean they are there because someone buried treasure. Those structures could have another logical purpose.
    If you were to add up all the money that has been thrown away over the last 225 years searching for this "treasure" it's ludicrous.

There is only 1 incidence of a pirate burying treasure. And it was only temporary, to hide the booty from his sponsors and was quickly retrieved.

panzerman and midas1 like this.
  21. Michael K

I like the show. I have seen them all. I wish there was a treasure but I know there isn't. The real shame of it is, there are tons of other places these guys could have gone and actually dug something up. And that would be a much more satisfying experience for them, and the viewers.

Kentucky, panzerman and midas1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted