Current TPG Turn Around Times - What are your thoughts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BigTee44, Mar 21, 2018.

1. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Well I just had a gold submission and a early bird submission grade within 5 business days at NGC.

Waiting on an economy order still.

Website shows 12 BDs for Early Bird and 21 for economy.

Last I was told it was 21 days for PCGS regular service and 39 days for economy.

Any thoughts why PCGS is double the wait time? I see lots of complaints about the grading time at PCGS, but does that mean they'll jump ship to NGC? I remember seeing a post that their stock was taking a tumble due to the lack of submissions. I'm not sure if that was across the board or just coins. Yet, if they're bringing in less products to certify why are the wait times longer?

I have no problem buying PCGS slabs, but I only have a membership with NGC. Just curious. I just sent a coin in for a piggyback and opted for the more expensive service as I couldn't imagine waiting 39 business days for my coins to be graded. 21 days I'm okay with.

I've been told ANACS is faster and cheaper, but have not submitted to them or ICG.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Yes ANACS is faster and much cheaper.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Their stock took a dive cus they cut the dividend which is what a lot of big money was using it for.

It kind of depends what you send in for how long it’s likely to sit or if it’ll get done under time. Moderns seem to be moving through nicely, world economy at both have been brutally slow

Draft saved Draft deleted