Current PCGS Submission Time

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tater, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Holy cow my order moved to encapsulation.

mrweaseluv and kazuma78 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Well, you probably only have about a month left to wait now haha

4. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Where's the dislike button in this forum? Its true though what a joke and we let them do this to us.

5. kazuma78

The anticipation is excruciating. If they released grades once graded until waiting to release them once shipped, the wait would be a lot more tolerable.

6. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Yeah unless you are wanting to flip them, which I am not. I'm still two steps away from seeing grades at this rate my 21 peace dollars will see their 102 birthday before I have them in hand.

7. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

:nailbiting:

8. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Over 3 months. I still wouldn't have sent these to NGC. It is mandatory that I have truview. I'm not selling anytime soon. But I wouldn't sell any other way. I have several ngc bust halves that, when I have enough and extra money they will get cracked and submitted to pcgs. This was last week I contacted them. So we shall see how soon it comes back. There is a what will be PO01 1807 small stars bust half in this order. Amongst some other that I hope will grade that way. But that is the key one. I got it for 87.00 the seller didn't realize what he even had. And the small stars I just got, I think I will submit it by itself under express. I'm not waiting 4 months to get it back.
    Screenshot_20220911-131536_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220911-131631_My Account.jpg

9. kazuma78

I have a regular world order in that was recieved 5/19. I called 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to expedite. Still hasn't moved past the initial phase after recieved. Their time is embarrassingly slow- I'd hate to be a dealer submitting coins for a living right now.

Vertigo likes this.
  10. RomanTheRussian

RomanTheRussian Well-Known Member

Express tier seems to be moving well. Received 8/23 - Shipped 9/12. 13 BD

11. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I have been waiting since early July to get a piece of Confederate paper money graded by NGC. I submitted in person at the Summer FUN show. I contacted them a month ago and was told that my wait was only half over. It was done "economy" because the note is worth less than $500, but it still cost me more than $50.

My attitude toward getting stuff graded is "Never again" unless it's a matter of financial life or death. The quality of service is the pits.

MIGuy likes this.
  12. Vertigo

Nice I have one im sending off in October.

13. Vertigo

I spoke with a dealer at a show over the weekend. He told me they have some submission gone to pcgs since April. I'm going to send my small stars off express soon. I'm not waiting an eternity to get that back. My submission from May 17 might get back by Christmas?

14. I received the results of my October 2021 submission in April 2022, and I'm still waiting on the results of my February 2022 submission. It's a painfully long wait, but worth it!

15. kazuma78

I have a world regular order that moved into "encapsulation/Imaging" just a couple days ago and has been there since mod April. One would think that results would be coming soon, but I've seen coins sit in encapsulation for over a month. They are painfully slow at everything.

16. Vertigo

FINALLY IT MOVED!
    20220923_042728.jpg

ddddd likes this.
  17. Vertigo

It should ship in a day or 2. I can't wait to see how these coins graded! In quality check now! 20220927_025137.jpg

18. Vertigo

Well my economy from May came a week ago. Can't get it until Saturday at the pobox. But look at the new posted turnaround time. 95 business days... how about that one?
    Screenshot_20221006-192331_My Account.jpg

MIGuy likes this.
  19. Vertigo

Yes I decided to pay the piper on my recent "small stars" purchase. It has actually moved to encapsulation after 3 days. I'm paying up and I realize the cost. But I'm not waiting for an eternity to get this one back. At least it's moving quick. I'm hoping it's back next week!
    Screenshot_20221008-202310_My Account.jpg

20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I won't be sending anything in until I'm ready to start selling stuff off. That will be a while. Maybe PCGS will get caught up when I'm ready.

21. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

My recent submission was around 90 days, start to finish.

Draft saved Draft deleted