Currency market

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by MrOrganic, Mar 13, 2009.

1. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Senior Member

seems like prices are dropping!?

How do you guys accurately gauge the price for a note in a deflationary period like this?

auctions?
    trade papers? which one?
    online websites/call & compare prices?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

It's a natural correction

It's a natural correction. The small size stuff went a little too high the last 18 months for the number of people who are diehards.
    The nice stuff, the really nice stuff should hold up though without to much trouble over time. Trouble is the nice stuff is this toughest to get at a bargain. The correction should be only in the 20% maybe 25% range which sounds like a lot but many bargains will arise from it. Be selective!

4. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

A year or two ago, when the economy started to faulter, there was an article that said somethign to the effect that when the economy is bad, the coin and currency market is hot, and when the economy is good the coin and currency market soften. It seemed very counter intuitive to me, but the way the author explained it... seemed rather plausible.

I think the article or comment was in the Numismatic News. I could be wrong, but i think Mr Harper said it.

5. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Senior Member

thanx for the insights

20-25% off what prices?

which tradepaper should i use?

im new to currency

6. bhp3rd

bhp3rd Die varieties, Gems

Whatever the wholesale price is

Whatever the wholesale price is. I don't do paper so I think they use a greysheet/greensheet whatever the Greysheet is for paper.

7. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

8. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

That is the Truth!

RickieB

Draft saved Draft deleted