Currency holder for 50 consecutive

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by mikep, Jun 30, 2015.

1. mikep

mikep Active Member

Is there a such thing as an acrylic case for a stack of 50 consecutive bills? I'd like to protect them as best as I can. If there is can someone point me to it, I've searched and searched to no avail.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I would guess that the most inexpensive way would be to put them in a small ZipLok baggie. The baggies are PVC-free, but I don't know if they contain any other contaminants that might harm paper money.

Chris

5. mikep

mikep Active Member

I don't mind spending a few Bucks for something like this

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The only listing on Wizard that I saw was for a stack of 100 notes, and it was $24 and change. That seems a little too rich for me.

This was my first thought, but I got the impression that the OP wanted to keep them in one stack. Maybe I'm wrong.

Chris

NOS likes this.
  8. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

if he wants to store them in a stack he might want to look into something like a model car case.... FRONTIART-1-18-high-transparency-display-box-car-model-custom.jpg

9. mikep

mikep Active Member

Yes I want to keep them in a stack in my safe

10. tigertrader

tigertrader Active Member

Even if you buy a holder for 100 notes you can still put the 50 notes in that holder and since it sounds like you are going to store it long term in a stationary safe, you should be good as long as you are careful if/when you do have to move it. Alternatively you could just put 50 other notes on top of them...

I do not think they make 50 note pack holders...

Most dealers of packs will take the top and bottom note from the pack and put them in currency holders. They then slide the notes back on top and bottom of the stack. This works surprisingly well to store the entire pack without damage...

11. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I gave my bride a bill sleave and asked if she ran across a sealed container it/they would fit in, to buy one. She found one at Dollar General that is absolutely perfect. I have raw bills and sleeved bills in them, sent her back for a couple more. It is hard clear acrylic for food storage and has a gasket sealed lid. I'll take a picture when I get home. They are stackable.

12. mikep

mikep Active Member

13. Hommer

20150702_215612-1.jpg 20150702_220129-1.jpg 20150702_215204.jpg 20150702_220424-1.jpg Like someone else said, I place the bundles in a pint size ziplock making sure I get all the air out, then put them in these.

14. Hommer

Here is a pic of the gasketed lid. It snaps firmly in place. 20150702_215631.jpg

15. mikep

mikep Active Member

Great thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted