Currency (Album) Storage

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by coinup, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ronterry

ronterry New Member

I put my in sleeves, and than into those three pocket pagers(The large bills justtt fit btw), which resides in a fairly nice $10 3" binder I bought at Walmart...:p
    I get all from JPCorner except the binder. Hey I need every penny to put towards old currency, than spend it on those super cool expensive purpose built currency binders. I would need a better career to put all my currency in those slabs!!!

I should also note that I seal my Southern States Currency, and Confederate notes with my old food saver. I just use the heat/seal strip on currency sleeves. Some of the paper they used is effie, and I'm surprise any has survived?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

When shopping at BCWSUPPLIES .COM you still have to read very carefully about what material they use for their coin and currency pages. They do use VYNYL and as far as I understand that's not good. Stay with the polypropylene.
    For me, I use Cowen's Mylar Cardbord 2x2 flips inserted into BCW poltpropylene 20 pocket coin pages.. That sounds like a contradiction of terms Cardboard n Mylar. But as we all know as long as the thin Mylar inside lining has no pinholes or cuts they are very safe and almost air tight when stapled properly. Staples must be crimped flat, if needed , because they can cause damage to the sleeves of coin pages or to other coins when stacked.
    I use cheap 3-ring binders which I label and keep on a book case shelf.
    I've posted these pics before but they're worth a thousand words:

Attached Files:

4. RJK3

RJK3 New Member

I also use bcw products. You can find great deals on them all over.

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

6. b168

b168 New Member

I use Lighthouse Grande size album 2 and 3 pocket pages. They are all top loading so they tend to slide right out of the pages when flipping through the pages in the album. Do anyone sell pages that are side loading.

7. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

When I first started collecting 4-subject sheets, this company was highly recommended. The quality is second to none and I have complete confidence in their acid-free, archival products. I purchased directly through Amazon.

http://www.artprofolio.com/Art_Profolio_PolyGlass.htm

8. coinup

coinup Junior Member

nice....

Draft saved Draft deleted