Curious Sale

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chuck_A, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

1990 LMC No S PCGS PR69D D-cam
    EBAY # 273636910933 and many others
    I apologize if this is a problem posting this but i'm curious if this is a legitimate type of sale. I have not tried to sell any of my collection and I would never attempt to confuse a sale for any reason. I see many questionable sales by unscrupulous and uninformed people and those who think every single coin they come across is valuable. I've spent a great deal of time on this hobby and I still feel like I have only scratched the surface. I've reported many eBay sales and some of the sellers have been removed however I believe that eBay allows them to continue due to the selling fees and will continue to turn a blind eye no matter how many people are removed. I love the hobby and hate the deception.
    Thank you all in advance

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Be a whole lot easier for us if you could copy & paste the link.

4. Lawtoad

Lawtoad Well-Known Member

Chuck_A likes this.
  5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I have some suspicions. He references a 2014 Heritage auction, references a PCGS certificate verification for a DIFFERENT certified coin (That shows yes a 69RD DCAM is a poptop, but that it is tied with 54 others. And then shows a coin NOT in a slab. IF it is a real sale, I think he is over optimistic on it's value.

Chuck_A and Paul M. like this.
  6. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Interesting that he sold one for $8400 last January. This is the 2nd of 2 he had.

7. Chuck_A

I would but I use a tablet and don't know how to do it. I used to be able to take on screen shots but I was hacked and lucky to have this somewhat functional. I am replacing it soon.

8. Chuck_A

He has a lot of slabbed coins advertised in the same manner. I questioned this sale and he threatened to hire a private investigator and sue me, ruin my life and reputation? I reported the sale and there it is still. Yet he called me paranoid when I asked which one would I receive.

9. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

There are people who list coins for sale on fleaBay that are for sale from other dealers. If you buy it, then s/he turns around and buys it from the actual owner then forwards it on to you. The tip-off can be a longer than normal delivery time.

I'm not saying this is a case of that, but it's something to consider...

Chuck_A likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

With all that I'd walk away.

Chuck_A likes this.
  11. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'm not convinced he has the coin.

Chuck_A likes this.
  12. Chuck_A

13. Chuck_A

Thats correct, thank you. I use a mobile app and unable to copy and paste the link. In the future I will log into the website and post the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted