Crossover Pair found - 1934 and 1934A $5 FRNs

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by techwriter, Jan 30, 2016.

1. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Just returned from a coin show (you just gotta love 'em) with this pair; crossover or changeover pair of $5 FRNs:
    ==
    [​IMG]
    ==
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

Nice! Have you seen any reverse crossover pairs? Like with the higher number note being a 1934C and the lower number note being a 1934D?

4. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

That's sweet, man.

5. techwriter

No, I haven't. Maybe I should start looking. Probably will have to peruse the BEP production records and check the serial number ranges--an eye straining pursuit.:)

6. techwriter

Nevadabell, did a little digging around on another forum and found a partial 'answer' to your question about reverse order changeover pairs. I've added a link to the other forum for you. Don't know if you'll have to sign up or not. If it requires a signup and you don't desire to do so just let me know and I'll cut and paste the most appropriate comments for you. Good luck.
    https://forums.collectors.com/messageview.aspx?catid=23&threadid=949755&highlight_key=y

7. foreverEBG

foreverEBG Member

I'm sorry but what is a cross over pair? Sorry not a dedicated paper guy

8. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The more usual term is "changeover pair". The OP's two notes have consecutive serial numbers, but the first is Series 1934 and the second is Series 1934A.

9. techwriter

Well, Nevadabell, to answer your question here's a picture from a friend who just found TWO changeover pairs in a group of notes. First pair is a "normal" changeover: 5726A Series 1934 Plate F -- 5727A Series 1934A Plate A; the last pair is the reverse changeover: 5744A Series 1934A Plate F -- 5745A Series 1934 Plate A. Wonderful examples. Enjoy.

double changeover pairs_max.jpg

Endeavor likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted