Cross-eyed and confused

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RLGluvcoins, Apr 24, 2019.

1. RLGluvcoins

RLGluvcoins Active Member

I have been looking at coins for days and I'm going through chemo treatments so my eyesight's really not good right now but I have been doing my best and this 1948 nickel looks like it has an error in the e of we in God we trust I'm just wondering is it? Thank you for any help.

Attached Files:

Kelly-Bob likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That looks to be the effect of normal circulation wear.

RLGluvcoins and Oldhoopster like this.
  4. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

looks like wear. good luck with you chemo treatments, i hope they work

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  5. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

@RLGluvcoins, welcome to CT!

That's just a nice version of a circulated coin (albeit, a 71 yr old coin) that took a hit on the "E". Did you find it in circulation? What's the reverse look like? (Anytime we look at coins here, we like to see both sides, even though the poster may only have a question about one specific thing. Sometimes when there is an issue, both sides come into play. Nevertheless, we like coins here, & that means both sides.)

Nice pic taking btw! Keep up the search! Hope your treatments go OK; I had 9 weeks of cancer treatments last summer & everything's fine now.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  6. RLGluvcoins

Thanks, going on 4 yrs now, it won't behave I kick it's butt and it bites back lol

Kelly-Bob likes this.
  7. RLGluvcoins

Ty, I will take another pic when I get home. Wtg, good luck with it.

Kelly-Bob likes this.
  8. RLGluvcoins

I save my change and right now I'm grasping at straws.lol, if it's not tied down I'm selling it. I have a bucket list giggle I have spent the last week with a light and a hand magnifier and every way from Sunday researching coins and vintage stuff I have inherited and/or antiques. Bills, gas, and I'm trying to pay my car down because it's in my husband's name. If something should happen to me I don't want him strapped because of my bills on top of losing me. Plus it's soooo much fun I dream of coins giggle. I need a good magnifier so bad. I'm gonna start using my new camera see if I can get a better picture to see errors and such.
    Ok, I'm posting back of coin and another.

Attached Files:

9. RLGluvcoins

Can anyone tell me what letter that was supposed to be by the yr?

10. jonathan layne

jonathan layne Well-Known Member

looks like a D for the denver mint

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That letter would be a D. Your nickel is circulated and worn.

Best wishes with the chemo treatments.

Welcome to CT.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  12. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Actually, the pics you posted look pretty good. :happy:

You might consider a digital microscope for your computer, then you'll have a nice, large pic on your screen. The only problem is, it magnifies too much more than we generally need to examine a coin. But, it will show you all kinds of stuff that you can then focus on using a standard 10x magnifier. I think I paid around $10 to 12 on eBay, so they're not expensive.

An additional benefit is that, because it does magnify so well (it is a microscope after all) my grandkids use it to look at all sorts of stuff. You should see a $1 or $5 note under high magnification - it's really "cool"!!!:hilarious:

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  13. RLGluvcoins

Ty

14. RLGluvcoins

Cool thanks

15. RLGluvcoins

Thanks. I have my camera and tripod set up now to so hopefully I will see better.

16. RLGluvcoins

I'm using my phone and it takes a few tries to stay still enough and keep it in focus. I set up a tripod for my new camera I don't have a computer. I do it all on my tiny phone screen

Draft saved Draft deleted