CRHing this morning

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Roseland3, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

I exchanged a box of nickels this morning at my bank and going through the first 10 rolls, these pop up. 1934D, 1937D and an unknown date Buffalo Nickel. Surprise, surprise. Guess they are still out in the wild. S20210208_001.jpg S20210208_002.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

REALLY NICE!

YoloBagels likes this.
  4. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Yep, they are out there but I've never found this many at once. I have found maybe 4 in my life, all no dates

YoloBagels likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yep, out there, and continuing to be replenished. I've actually gotten a V-nickel in change at least once in the last ten years. I've got bags of dateless Buffs that I might start spending one by one, especially where kids might get them...

Kentucky, Evan Saltis and Noah Worke like this.
  6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I still hand them out to kids when I go to town, which isn't often. I include a note that says:
    THE CHALLENGE
    You have been given this challenge, should you choose to accept it, to hopefully allow you to gain knowledge and see the history and beauty of our American coinage.
    Your task is to research the coin(s) you’ve been given to find out their history.
    What is this coin? What or who is on this coin? Why was this image chosen? Who designed this coin? What are the dates this coin was used? What is it made of? What is the value for this coin today?
    You might wish to ask your teacher if they would give you extra credit for a written report about the coin. Either way, you win as you have gained valuable knowledge that others do not have. Good luck and have fun.
    Your friend, Mountain Man (cointalk.com)

Maybe some just spend them instead. LOL

1stSgt22 likes this.
  7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

It's always nice to find a dated Buffalo Nickel. I've only ever found 2 examples in circulation. The first time I ever found one was a 37 that I found when I was about 9-years old on the floor at Kohls. More recently, I found a 37 in a campus vending machine.

1937 Buffalo Nickel.jpeg

TrompeLeMonde likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted