CRH Veterans: Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Bman33, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Was curious how long others have been coin roll hunting. I have been doing it for 2 years with a couple of breaks but it always calls me back.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

4. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

5. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

10 + Now have stopped not worth the time.

NOS likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I CRH'ed long enough to amass dozens of rolls of 90% & 40% Kennedy halves which I sold when silver was about $45/ounce.

Chris

spirityoda and TexAg like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

40 years, give or take a few. I find it fun and relaxing but so is mowing the lawn, driving nowhere, fishing or sitting on the beach under the umbrella.

8. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I started in 2012 to relieve some stress during class. I have done it pretty constantly since then minus taking some breaks for overseas deployments.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

3 Solid years. I love it!

12. vintagemintage

vintagemintage Well-Known Member

I started 45 years ago hunting wheaties when you could still average 5-10/roll and nearly complete an album in a year. Gave it up for over 40 years, but 4 years ago I got interested in completing a Kennedy album and "discovered" silver that I had just assumed was long gone from circulation. Now it seems like most of the silver has been picked out, at least in my area, and I've cut back a lot. I wish I'd been CRHing Halves 30 years ago! Searching bags of Ike's (CBH?) is occupying more of my CRH energy lately... from pennies to dollars, I guess that's inflation!;)

Bman33 likes this.
  13. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

A year and 4 months and it really is therapeutic and amazing. I'd say I had a decent first year and I've really fine tuned how I CRH. It keeps me less stressed out in general. But all the books I'm making for my kids are really coming together! Got a long way to go but that's the fun. I'll change up denominations every other week to keep it interesting! I figure it's my way of thanking my late father-in-law who I never got to meet for getting me hooked. Thanks to all of you here for keeping me informed and entertained as we keep the hunt going.

14. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

This latest incarnation has been going on for 2 years... though it has been on and off for over 30... this past two years is definitely the hardest I have ever hit it.

15. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I've been CRH for 4 years. I became way more active after i got my license 2 years ago.

16. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I've been CRH for 4 years. I became way more active after i got my license 2 years ago.

17. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

About five years now actively. I hurt my back real bad at work, had three operations and had to retire. I was laid up for two years. I had four 2 1/2 gallon old fire extinguishers full of Lincoln cents I had put away over the years. Close to 100,000 pennies. That is what kept me from going crazy while being laid up. I went through them all. Best error I found was a 1995 WDDO-001. I kept anything that was 25 years or older. The rest was rolled and went back to the bank. Been going through rolls ever sense. My latest has been a unopened $25.00 box of 2017P Lincolns I picked up on Ebay for $30.00. So far after looking through 10 rolls, I have come up with close to 200 that have some sort of error from chips to die breaks.

18. Gunner1944

Gunner1944 Active Member

4 months. gives me something to do until the ground is not covered with snow, and frozen solid. Then I get back to metal detecting!!!!:) I just do pennies.

19. Robby Bee

Robby Bee Member

Since 2011 - wish I have been doing it for much longer given the rewards...

20. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

21. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

Searching pocket change since I was 5 or 6 in 2006 and started roll hunting in 2011.

Draft saved Draft deleted