Crh Quarter Find Post Yours!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by JakeTheBarber401, Oct 28, 2016.

1. JakeTheBarber401

JakeTheBarber401 Active Member

Bougt 4 rolls quarters today while picking up a box of pennies and came across a '63 washington from the philly mint...what do yall find in quarters post youre results! (If you think qquarters are a waste of time please dont bother with the negative comments)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JakeTheBarber401

JakeTheBarber401 Active Member

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Please don't consider this a negative comment, but I am a little surprised that quarter roll hunting for silver is still "a thing", since we have this cray-cray plethora of States and ATB's and everything. Not too shabby, Jake.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The last time I searched a roll of quarters, I found a nickel in place of a quarter.

Does that count as a negative comment?

Chris:)

Brina likes this.
  6. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Congrats! Nothing wrong with grabbing a few rolls here and there, seeing what you find. From what I've seen in CRH and circulation there aren't very many left in the wild, good find...
    This is the only one I've found personally in three years of searching, was in a pile of change in a reject tray
    1019160907~2~2.jpg

7. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

20160520_181305.jpg My first american silver quarter. I found it in early May. By far my best find! 20160520_180804.jpg 20160520_181250.jpg

John77 and Mad Stax like this.
  8. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

I've found 5 silvers (including 1 in a Coinstar) in 8 months... not a ton, but it's better than nothing. Far and away the worst denomination (amongst nickels, dimes, quarters and halves) for hunting silver.

I actually do like to search Quarters for other stuff... like the 2004-D Wisconsin error coin, the low mintage coins from 2009 through 2012, and high grade 1982 and 1983 dated coins. I've also found a modern proof. I never expect to find the silver, so when I do it is a big bonus!

9. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Hit the jackpot one day on customer wrapped rolls. Got a box from my local bank. Found at total of 7. Six were in roll. Take a look at my avatar. That was the roll.

Mad Stax and John77 like this.
  10. John77

John77 Well-Known Member

Nice! What were the dates and mints?

11. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

1964-D = 4
    1964-P = 1
    1960-P = 1
    1953-D = 1

John77 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted